Does anyone listen to Martini Shot?? Man there was a great one tonight, his stories are the stuff great blogs are made of! I only wish I have my own 5 minutes on the radio. The things I would rant about!
Like online dress shopping. Normally I wouldn't do it. But in this situation, I had to. And of course, it doesn't fit quite right. But i guess at least it fits, maybe I can get it tailored.
I would rant about (oh, there goes the neighbor upstairs...tromp tromp tromp...and his little dog too...humph)...well, I guess I would rant about neighbors! But i've already done that.
I'd rant about how orchestra people are usually annoying. We are, we really are. Maybe its because we were all nerds in school. Maybe we're so super intelligent that we don't know how to talk to the common man and have to belittle everyone else because we went to schools like Juliard. Woooo...Juliard. We know everyone else doesn't really care where we went to school, but I guess when we pay so much for it you have to name drop once in a while. (Ok, that's uncalled for, I know. But i am on a roll.) For some reason we ALL feel the need to blurt out stuff to the conductor. "Where where where?" Maybe if we just shut up and paid attention we would've heard what he said the first time. We think our non-sensical jokes are funny when they're not. We feel the need to keep playing and hold everyone else up when the conductor has obviously stopped. And, last but not least, we always feel the need to rush. Fast fast and faster. Those are speeds which we operate on. Go us.
22 hours ago
1 comment:
**standing in wild applause**
brava!! brava!!! your orch comments are straight legit! brava!!!
Post a Comment