What to do??
Ok, i'm posting this to the internet void in hopes that my readers (those who are left) can help me. I have this neighbor, you see. This upstair neighbor. Who...just walks extremely loud. Granted, we all have wood floors. That probably doesn't help much. But still, he walks as though he is 300 pounds. I've never seen him, so maybe he does weigh 300 pounds. But most likely not. Once in a while he drops heavy thing or two or three, and that makes a loud thump. And the thing that annoys me the most...he seems to like to walk over to the part of the floors that creak the most, and enjoy being able to sway back and forth over the creaky floor area.
Ok, no. I'm sure that's not what he's doing, but that's what my imagination is telling my brain. I'm about 70% annoyed, yet 30% curious in what exactly he is doing when I hear these noises. I like to make up things in my head when I don't know the facts.
I've been living with this for months, but haven't exactly been able to get myself to knock on his door. I just can't do it! Help me people! What do i say to this guy? "Hey, stop walking around your apt?" What if he yells at me? What if he retaliates back by walking louder? What if he turns his TV up louder now after midnight? Oy vey. The joy of upstairs neighbors.
23 hours ago
3 comments:
UGH!!!! that is the worst!!! upstairs neighbors suck, but the mind's way of understanding just WTF they are doing is quite fun. I would definitely suggest talking to him. at least. Be pleasant OR you can be a caricature of yourself, acting in a gay man catty kinda way. ?? When you talk to him to see what he's doing/to be quiet, give him a really long, pointless, AIMLESS, story that will scare him into being more aware of his loudness for fear of having you come up AGAIN and talk to him. the idea of enduring another story would be just too much!!! (i.e. the clown, lol)
maybe a good old fashioned broom stick to the ceiling a couple of times will do. at the most inopportune moments. 3am anyone?!?
Ummmm... just leave a note telling him u are downstairs and ask could he keep it down at night. =) that should work.
leave a nice, large floor rug rolled up outside his door w/ a note "since there's no insulation in the ceiling/floor of this building... your downstairs neghbor w/ the super-sonic hearing." : )
Post a Comment