I'm not a smoker, so I'm not the most knowledgeable about these sorts of things, but,
I was just at the gas station, behind a guy who bought 6 packs of cigarettes from the attendant, stacked them up, and then went on his merry way. And while I was watching him stack the packs, it suddenly dawned on me: why would they sell such thing as cigarettes at a place loaded with fuel where anyone can just light up and possibly blow themselves - as well as others -up into little bitty pieces? Grocery stores, yes. 7-11s, yes. But gas stations?? I guess its not like anyone would light up at the gas station, but still, it boggles my mind.
So while people are quickly going down one at a time around me in this sick season, I thought I was untouchable, with some sort of super immunity system. I wash my hands, I take the nasty zinc pills, I remain in a positive mental state of non-sickness.
Well, turns out that I'm just slow...as with everything else. Joke's on me - haha.
2 hours ago
6 comments:
They sell them because it's very, very profitable. The same reason they still have
drive through places in parts of the country that sell alcohol.
Sorry you are not feeling well.
Sometimes you just need to get out
of bed and do something to get your
body going to help burn out the bad bugs. Then again, sometimes you need soup, silence and sleep.
You might just have an allergy instead of a
bug. It happens to a lot of us this time of year. Sudaphed, the stuff behind the counter, not the on the shelf stuff, works pretty well for me.
I hope you get better soon,
Richard
one time, just as i was filling up, i saw a guy LIGHT a cigar AT the pump! i wanted to yell at him, but he had this whole russian mob vibe about him so i just glared at him and drove away.
I'm not exactly sure, but I suspect gas stations are safer than you think in terms of explosive risk. Now, if there's a small river of gasoline on the concrete that's one thing, but I think the nozzles and pumps are pretty good about not exploding when a fire starts in general. I've seen some pretty crazy footage of cars catching on fire at gas stations and the fire, though raging, not causing any secondary explosions at the pump.
What I'm much more afraid of than cigarettes is static electricity. Pretty much every time I get out of my truck there's a nasty spark when I touch the door to close it. I'm always afraid of that spark while I'm filling up.
Feel better. I'm sick too. Hot showers, orange juice, soup... sometimes I'm just too impatient to feel better.
much love chica.
I'm imagining Zoolander.
The trick to static electricity, mr. e., is to make sure your foot touches the ledge of the door opening before you get out. That kills the static, allowing you to freely close the door without feeling threatened by a non human entity everytime you try to close the door. Or so I hear...
Nice! I will definitely try that, thanks for the tip the mighty szu.
If you're right the odds of ephraim dieing in a gas station explosion have just gone down precipitously!
e
Post a Comment