Saturday, September 22, 2007

I'm giving myself 15 min. of blog time before i set off to engulf myself in a few hours of work.

I don't know what it is with me and cravings. When I crave something, I must have it right away. I crave lemon bars, so I make them. I had the sudden urge to watch this movie I loaned to a friend, so I had him bring it back. I had a craving for pho, so I had pho. If i have an idea for an art project, I must start it right away, even though its 10pm and all the supply stores are closed. I guess I just need instant gratification?

This morning, I got out of my car and saw a couple walking towards me, holding hands. I suddenly had an urge to have my hand held. Whenever I read people write about this or that "wave" of something "washing over them," I always think, yes yes yes, blah blah blah you crazy writer, just get to the point. Ok, now I get the point. I apologize to all crazy writers with waves. This morning when I saw the couple, I felt the "wave" of something "wash over me." It was a longing to have my hand held, nothing more, nothing less. I could've just walked up to them, and put my hand into his, or hers. But then that would've been weird, right?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weird, maybe. But imagine the reaction, whichever hand you chose!

That would have been great. Too bad you are a chicken.

~sarah said...

been there. call me next time and i'll hold your hand. : )

SW said...

Whoa whoa whoa. Chicken? I'M the chicken? Look mr./ms. anonymous-whoever-you-are! I'm not the one posting to other people's blogs as ANONYMOUS chickens. So please, before you start name calling on my blog, perhaps you should just....just not call me names.

SW said...

Dear Anonymous,

Ok, I apologize. There will be no name calling on my blog, even if you did start it first. That is not what my blog is all about. Actually, I don't know what my blog is all about, but it is not about name calling. So I'm sorry I called you an anonymous chicken. Because really, I love chicken. I really do.

Thanks for reading, and come again!

Anonymous said...

In retrospect, I suppose I could have tagged my previous comment with a :) thus softening the unintended blow.

:)

Daniel Bruckner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

shit.

Anonymous said...

damn, if anonymous said came back to say shit in response to daniel's now removed comment, i wish i hadn't been away from sh's blog for so long. damn.

anywho, you're very pleasant and it would have been a nice response for couple to have inspired someone to want to hand hold. but sarah is a good option as well.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I am an idiot. I hadn't been back here in a while and the Prufrock reference struck me. I know I've said this before, but I won't bother you again.