Hm...just doesn't have the same excitement and ring to it as shark week...
So this week I have decided to cut back on processed sugar. I say cut back instead of cut out because it seems as though i just can't avoid it, it's in everything! So i'm cutting back on the obvious: sugar in my coffee, cookies, ice cream...you get the idea. And the not so obvious I haven't been able to avoid? Sugar in my yogurt, sugar in my jelly (what else can i put on my muffins??)meals when i eat out, sugar in spaghetti sauce, and so on. But at least this some sort of step in the right direction, right?
I partially did this just to say to myself I can do it. I'm always thinking I can do things if i really wanted to, but never end up doing it, so technically, I can't do anything if i don't actually do it, right? Maybe i should take up smoking just so i can say i'm able to quit. Ha. Hahaha.
So far i've made it to day 5. But the weekend is upon us, and oh i'm scared. I've got birthdays to celebrate and college friends to meet up with. That spells sugar all over! So far i'm feeling pretty good, but i can't tell if its because i'm not putting poison in my body, or if its because i'm just really proud of myself for getting this far. Probably the latter.
1 day ago
3 comments:
I have an older (like retirement age) friend who cut out sugar a few years ago. I actually don't know how it's going for him, but I assume fine. He would be good at doing something like that.
Dear Anonymous,
Who are you??
who are any of us, really?
Post a Comment