Dear Rebecca,
I hope that somewhere out there you know I came by to see you today. I know things have been confusing for you, and you probably already can't remember who I am, but I want you to know I think about you and your family all the time. Your daughter is doing a wonderful job taking care of everything, I just don't know how she is doing it. I half expect her to break down at any moment whenever I call her, but she doesn't. And I saw her take care of you today and it just amazes me how strong she is throughout this whole process, with so many other things going on. You've done an excellent job raising her and her brothers and I told her today how great it's been to see everyone in your family come together these past few years. Today I really missed one of your strong hugs, the ones you always give me when I see you...it always amazed me how strong they were even though you're so petite. I'm sorry I left the room so abruptly today, I didn't mean to be rude, but I didn't want to cause a scene and I just wasn't prepared to see you in that state, as much as I tried to prepare myself beforehand....I really did want to come in and say hi and get a hug, or even just to hold your hand...I really hope you know that. I hope I can send this out into the ether and it will somehow get to you, and even though I'm not the praying kind, just know you are constantly in my thoughts.
SH
1 day ago
1 comment:
: ) maybe your spirit will nudge her spirit. i don't see why not.
Post a Comment