Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Life

This is so amazing. All day there has been news of the miners in Chile. I'm suppose to be asleep, but I fell upon this abc news special of the miners. I've been looking for something like this, to go behind the scenes, from the beginning, into detail, to the end, and everything in between. Perfect.

It's so inspiring. Births. Marriage proposals. A miner's wife doesn't show up, but his mistress does. So much sadness and hapiness, all the range of emotions. It's really amazing. It just seems like these stories usually end in tragedy, but this time, all 33 men are alive. So much camaraderie. So much happiness x 33.

Sometimes you really have to see outside of the box you live in. The world is just so much bigger than you think.

I haven't been blogging lately due to the fact that every time I've started to, it always came out as something negative. And I just get tired of bitching and complaining. So might as well not do it at all, right? But the amazing story of the miners inspired me to blog.

I've fallen under the weather these past few days. I always feel like I look and sound fine when I get sick, nothing nasally or snotty or coughy. It's just that my body always aches. And it's really hard for me to focus and think. It takes me twice as long and hard to concentrate at work. But because I look and sound fine, people will think I'm fine, and wonder why I'm so slow to respond or get a sentence out. Or they think I'm lying when I have to turn down a freelance gig on the side because they think I just don't want to do it, when in reality, all I want to do is just be in bed with the covers over me. "I can't...I'm sick..." Listening to it coming out of my mouth even sounded so fake. And wimpy. Oh boo hoo, you're sick, wah wah wah.

No comments: