Saturday, July 05, 2003

Meat overdose...

Tonight I went to Outback Steakhouse with my family. I've been wanting to go there for a long time, so of course I was excited when we went. But then what do i do? I go and overdose on meat. I had chicken, ribs, and steak. I don't think i've ever had that much meat by itself in one sitting. Except for that time we had turducken, which, i will probably never do again. After that night, i told myself that i never wanted to eat chicken again. But that lasted for about a day.
Usually i get some sort of pasta, or just chicken. But there's always something else other than the meat. Not tonight though. It was just meat. Ugh. Nights like this make me want to become a vegetarian. Although, that thought will probably last a day too.
Not that the food wasn't good. It was great actually. But it was just an overabundance of meat. This brings me to wonder about the Atkins diet. How do people do it? I can barely do it for one meal. Bring on the rice and pasta and potatos. Bring on the carbs. I need them. For without them, meat is just well cooked animal flesh. With them, meat is a nice little side delight to my yummy carbs. Mmm......carbs.

Hooray carbs! Hooray beer!

(Hooray beer is a saying coined by a jamaican wannabe actor, copyrighted by a beer commercial often played on the radio. For future references, I'm referring to the commercial, not beer.)

No comments: