I think something is wrong with me. Mentally.
Ok ok, before i go on i'm sure the three of you out there reading are probably making some joke about that last statement. Yea yea, ok ok. But, how do you explain a 29 year old's passion for any movie that has a couple cute teenage girls and pink and frills everywhere? It's really strange, and i can't figure it out.
Today while walking taking a coffee break with Andrew, this guy on the street stopped us, and quickly said something about "seeing a movie." Before my mentally retarded head could even process what he was saying, my eyes had already darted to the piece of paper on his clipboard. It was an advertisement from the movie, Mean Girls.....
(in my mr. moviefone voice if i had one)...MEAN GIRLS! Starring Lindsay Lohan! You might remember her from such films as The Parent Trap, or Freaky Friday! Also stars that Claudia chick from Party of Five! Written by SNL's Tina Fey! Mean Girls! Starts April 30 at a theatre near you! Rated PG13! some material may not be suitable for children under 13. Check your local listings for details.
Anyway, it was an advertisement from the movie Mean Girls, and before my head could process what the man was saying, all that was registering in my head was PINK! and CUTE GIRL! And I immediately told the man, YES I WANT TO GO! (I think he was a little taken back by my enthusiasm.)
I was so excited about getting free tickets for the movie, but at the same time, felt bad for Andrew who had to wait for me while the guy gave me the information (I also noticed that Andrew was standing a few more feet away than is usually necessary while waiting for someone. He also had his arms crossed...a sign of hostility, or embarrasment? Or a sign of hostility BECAUSE of embarrasment? Hm...hard to say...)
So, as sad as this is for a 29 year old to admit, knowing that i was going to go see this movie kinda made my afternoon. And I'm hoping that it's actually the premier for the movie and i'll get a glimpse of Lindsay in person. Yes...very very sad.
Then afterwork i come home and while making dinner saw the commercials for not 1 but 2 more pink frilly movies i want to see: The one with the Olsen Twins (yes...the twins) and the one with Jennifer Garner.
I mean really, what is wrong with me? The Olsen Twins? Why am i so compelled to see stylish clothes and a different hairstyle in every scene? Why? Its really bothersome. This must be what its like to have an addiction. You want to quit but you just can't. Maybe i should go on some program. I'm currently on the step that's in the middle of denial and acceptance. Because really, who can turn down twins? Not I said the fly.
In other news, all this running i'm doing (which is not much i tell ya) is making my appetite gi-normous! I feel like i can't stop eating. And, oddly enough, i feel like i spend more time eating than running! Which just doesn't add up. Oh and btw: sonya thomas is my new heroine. I only wish i had cnn or animal planet to watch her in action in the coming months. Damn that cable!
I shake my fist in fury at thee.
21 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment