Sunday, July 17, 2005

How much do I love Amoeba? Let me count the ways...

Not only was I able to find all the recordings I needed, I was able to get 2 of them at used prices. Awesome!
I thought I would be lucky to find 1 recording, 2 at the most, but I was surprised to find all three Tchaikovsky recordings that the orchestra is playing.

This summer orchestra thing is off to a great start. Jyvonne from work joined with me. I love Jyvonne, she is like laughter in a bottle. She's awesome. So not only that, there's a few people from the regular orchestra, AND!, the conductor is cool...not like the other guy. Plus, we rehearse at a cemetary. How cool is that? Well, it's in a Hall on top of Forrest Lawn, the same cemetary that Marilyn Monroe is buried in. So, we're inside, which is not very cemetary like. It'd be cool if we could play outside though. I'm sure all the tombstones would appreciate it.

*****

I got a pedicure for the first time this weekend. The loofah rock thing...that kills me. It tickles my feet to death. So much so that I don't think I can go back. I was straining so hard to refrain from squirming in my seat. The lady thought she was hurting me. And then she was massaging my calves...that tickled too. I get the whole "being pampered" thing. I can see why people love it. I just don't know if i can do it again. I wonder why I'm so ticklish?

*****

I'm trying to get back into the whole running thing. I even have a shuffle now, and a cool arm band to stick it on. But, I just ran for the first time in months 2 days ago, and my legs are still sore from it. It hurts when I try to sit down. Boy, I suck. But Run Hit Wonder is coming up soon...in September! How will I ever be ready for the 5K?

Stay tuned...

No comments: