Sunday, December 11, 2005

Good god, Santa sings!

Or should I say, holy jesus?

Not only does Santa sing, Santa sings in spanish! Santa stopped his picture taking amidst a long line of children, and proceeded to sing Feliz Navidad, while the instrumental music blasted on the speakers. I was so disgusted that I had to push my way through the crowd to get out ASAP. Whatever happened to the good ol days when you tell santa what you want, and then you get pushed down a huge slide by some weird elves? Ok, so I never really waited in line for santa, and that slide thing probably only happened to little ralphie, but still, how does santa have time to fit in a song or two with all those children waiting for him?

The holidays are a weird time for me. Every year, I WANT to get into the spirit, but every year, it just gets a little further and further away from me. I can't stand the crowds anymore, the commercials, and the waiting..., and ESPECIALLY the singing by santa, who should really just sit in his chair and say his ho ho ho's. I try to do it with the music, but even with that, there are some songs that really annoy me.

Oy..the holidays...the joy.

2 comments:

mendacious said...

i suggest that you a) stop shopping at peak times, and do not venture into any mall b) make christmas cookies for someone c) make your own ornaments. and invite someone over to help you decorate... having not been in much the mood myself- i have wondered why. one is that i haven't gone shopping so i hardly know what time of year it is, let alone the date- and haven't been prompted into a materialistic frenzy. make it less about you. make it more about making someone else happy and you'll find chirstmas is back where it should be. also i find rum filled drinks, and brownies help plenty too. perhaps i will post further on my discovery.

SW said...

right on sister schu...right on. i will do as you've suggested...