Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Do the ice cream and cake.

Had dinner with B tonight. He took me out for an early early birthday dinner since he's leaving in 2 days and will be gone most of the summer. (And actually, I got to have my spicy ginger ale after all, with dinner, hooray!) I'm sure it'll go by in a flash, but for now it seems like a long time to be gone. He is about to embark on a new chapter in his life, and though I'm excited for him, it makes me kind of sad too. Who knows what will happen, him and T will have lots of discussions on this trip I'm sure, but change always takes a while to get used to. Especially when they involve good friends possibly moving away. He's been such a good friend for so long. I've learned a lot from him. If they have a kid, they should name it L, so together they could be the BLT's. I should tell him that.

I hope to stumble upon this post in two to three years, and be able to look back to tonight's uncertainties and be happy for where things have led him. Hopefully I'll still be posting blogs in two to three years.

Wow, I just realized, in a year and two days, I will have been blogging for 10 years. 10 YEARS!! That's a big freaking deal. That's longer than most friendships I've had, and 10x longer than any relationships I've had. That is wild. It's a big deal. I think even bigger than me turning 30. I must not stop now. Must keep blogging regularly so I can say I've blogged a long and full 10 years. At least for another year and two days. After that we'll re-evaluate.

Over and out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be sad if you stopped now. The blog is one of the main things I look forward to waking up to in the mornings.

SW said...

Not the Folgers in your cup?

Anonymous said...

No. This body is caffeine-free.

I've lost two blogs I've *loved* in the past few years as the bloggers moved on. I suppose I'd survive, but I'd prefer to keep you.