Wow, seems like everyone's slowly falling off the blog wagon.
It's just that...there's not much to blog about.
My show ended this week. And the way it ended really made me mad. Politics, policies, and other shit. I said goodbye to a few people who have been at the company longer than I. It was a sad and stressful and weird week.
Been doing the online dating thing lately, which, isn't going so well. Actually, it's not quite going at all. I feel as though I make things more difficult than it has to be. If things seem too simple, I will find a way to make it difficult. The whole thing with online dating feels like you're going shopping. Easy right? You take some tomatoes off aisle 1, some peanut butter off aisle 2. The only difference is, at the store, you pay for things and you take them home. With online dating, people say no to you. GASP. Anyway, to get to all the intricacies and annoyances of online dating will require me writing a handbook, which I'm in no mood for right now.
I tried today to buy a copy of the 2nd book to The Hunger Games, but they were out! The nerve. I'm #63 of like...152 on hold at the library. So while I wait, I decided to pick up some other books. Short stories by Road Dahl (I love this guy), Howl and other poems, About A Boy, and Life of Pi. I'm sure I won't get to them all, but I like to have choices. Also I can keep one in the car, one at home, one in my purse, etc. That way I always have reading material around. Lately I've been thinking about getting a kindle, as they seem to be more affordable these days. But 1)I'd kind of feel like a traitor to all books if I did, 2)I don't want another gadget around, 3)I really have no need for one. So the possession of a kindle may be a few years away. But the idea is slowly seeping into my head...like a tea bag, dipped in hot water.
OK.
My next big project is to get rid of my box of "stuff" that I've had since the last apartment. This box of stuff are things I don't really need but can't quite give away. So I've decided to sell them. Which might be a bigger hassle than just giving it away, but really, some of this stuff I can't imagine good will wanting. This project has been a project for the last...oh...3 years I'd say. (I wrote 4 years, but went back to change it to 3 because 4 just seemed too long to have a project in the queue. And embarrassing too.)
Tally ho.
5 hours ago
5 comments:
I was wondering if you were gonna work on book #2. I switched out Hunger Games with my friend who let me borrow it and took Catching Fire and Mockingjay from her. Already about 50 pages in and I see myself being lost in pages again. It seems everytime I read a good book the rest of my life gets put on hold.
PS - I feel a blog post coming on, so don't think they're entirely off the radar.
Eh. She sounds great to me.
Post a Comment