Wednesday, September 08, 2010

UGH

UGH. What a day. One thing after the other.

My show was cancelled last Thursday. But it's moving to another show as a smaller segment. So they've asked me to stay on, and continue working on the segment, along with some other new things. Which is great. I still have my job. Wonderful. Awesome.
Except I'm not really into it. On Friday a friend semi offered me a month's worth of work while he's gone on vacation. When he gets back we'd switch off maybe, but technically after that I'd be out on my own, freelancing. All weekend I've thought about taking it, about the possibility of leaving a cushy job that I'm bored at to get out there in the jungle. And really, it's about time. I should've done it years ago.

So a sequence of events occured today that made me want to leave my job and take the new one more and more. So finally I get a text out to said friend, make some lunch plans for tomorrow, and follow it by telling him I'm seriously thinking about taking him up on his offer if he is. He texts back and said he offered it to someone else now. Ugh.

But then he also follows up with send me your reel and resume.

So I get home early in order to update my resume and reel which only has minor updates so shouldn't be too big of a project. WRONG. It's 1:30am, and I'm panicking that I won't have what I need by morning. This reminds me of when you stay up all night during school to finish a project and you're still working as the birds are chirping and the sun is coming out.

Ugh.

It shouldn't have been this difficult. Stupid technology. As much as technology is suppose to help people and speed things up, I'm still amazed by how much it fails me all the time. Seriously. An application that used to work, no longer works the way its suppose to. What's changed? I don't know. My internet connection? The worst it's ever been. I don't know if it's the company or if it has something to do with my apartment. I can't even make a phone call properly from my place. UGH.

I'm so annoyed right now. And sleepy. And stressed. UGH.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, son...

~sarah said...

So what happened?! Did you get the new job???