Ok ok ok. The universe is being nice to me because I'm sick.
Last night I spent some time scouring the internet for that red dress from the previous post. I saw it on zooey d in a promo for her new show, and knew I had seen it somewhere. And yes, just because zooey wore it, now I had to have it. Problem is, it's a few months old so it's no longer available at the store. But ebay always has some left overs and I was tempted to splurge on it just so I can try it on to see what it looks like. But then I'd have to deal with whether or not it fits and if it didn't fit then what? I knew that was foolish so I let the idea go.
Today I'm feeling a bit better and thought I'd get out the house a bit and run some errands. (I looked at my door several times yesterday but never made it out of the house. Can you believe that? A whole day in my pjs. I haven't done that in forever.) So while running my errands I thought I'd just pop into my favorite store for a quick lookey, just to satiate my thread thirst when suddenly, what do I see on the sale rack? THAT RED DRESS! On sale! The only one of it's kind left. Someone must've returned it recently. The size was questionable, but I go try it on just to see. The zipper is a bit hard to maneuver, but it fits...it actually fits. What are the odds of me finding that (no longer available) dress in the store on the sale rack, in a size that actually fits?
However, truth be told, even on sale it's a bit pricey for someone like me, who has enough pretty dresses, who will soon be jobless and really shouldn't be spending unnecessary dough on non essential items, who will probably wear it once because she has no one to take her out to nice places where such dresses are needed, and so on. I'll most likely wear it around the house for a bit, and return it in a few days. Maybe have it brighten another sick girl's day. But for now I'm swooning over my lucky find. (But I'm also physically swooning because I think I had too much physical activity and my body wasn't ready for it.)
Thanks for letting me indulge. I know out of my three readers, only one will actually care about this post. Sometimes I think about turning this into a clothing blog. Because sometimes I think I have an addiction that should be addressed. The thoughts I was having about this dress last night surely wasn't healthy. And today's find is really like finding a bag of pot on the ground and looking around to see who dropped it but not finding anyone and then taking it home with the shades drawn and smoking all of it at once before someone comes looking for it wanting it back. Kinda like that high. I know I shouldn't have bought it but I took it home with me anyway. But there's already enough of those clothing blogs out there so maybe I won't, and you'll just have to put up with these posts every once in a while.
11 hours ago
3 comments:
I love when you post about pretty dresses!
I'm don't much care about the celebrity citing posts.
I'm glad you splurged!
Whoa whoa whoa...who is this??
I say, keep it! Although, without knowing the sale price, I'm not sure how qualified I am for this decision. I know you feel like you don't have any opportunities to where the lovely dresses you find, but I feel like this is casual enough that you could pull this off just strolling down the Grove on a Summer Saturday.
Post a Comment