Tuesday, August 30, 2011

-00-

I got glasses today.

Went to get an eye exam before my insurance ran out and it turns out I have astigmatism in my right eye, AND I'm near sighted. All pretty minor, but got the glasses just for kicks. Ok, not for kicks, but just for driving and the movies I guess. But I'm really disappointed in my right eye, I really am. All this time I thought my eyes were perfect, but it turns out, my left eye is picking up the slack! Stupid lazy right eye.

Had a nice long lunch with my pal Vonne afterward and it was nice to catch up. At the end of our visit, she casually said she had choir practice tonight, and that I should come. And I said, um.....well......ok! I never did choir in school or on the side or anything, so I'm a bit nervous. But I am trying to practice saying "YES" to things that might intimidate me. Besides, I'm just checking it out, no commitment until the 4th rehearsal. Whew.

And now Bryan Williams is giving me permission to go wild on chocolate. Must. Find. Chocolate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What style are the glasses? Color? Picture!

SW said...

The glasses will be purple (of course) with no style what so ever. I was there trying different pairs on and didn't think ahead of time what kind of glasses gal I wanted to be (nerdy, hip, modern chic, etc) and felt like I was taking too long so went with the purple colored ones. And no, no picture.

Sara Warren said...

Glasses! I can't wait to see you sporting them! It really makes a world of difference once you actually get the glances. I felt like I had super-human powers I could see so clearly. Oddly enough, my eyes have gotten better. Apparently, eyes can do that with age.

And singing? I can't wait to catch up and hear how this goes. Still contemplating a Friday visit? I miss you SO much!