Monday, August 29, 2011

Stuffing.

Apparently I need to blog more.

I just haven't been hearing the blog voice inside my head lately. Although I do hear the other voice in a british accent that likes to tell me what to do. Funny how my british accent sounds so spot on in my head and then so awful once it comes out of my mouth....

Even now....

I've got two weddings to attend to in two weeks. I guess the date 9-10-11 is pretty coveted, as I know lots of other people are getting married that day as well. It's such a bummer to have two weddings to attend on the same day, as you can't do both. Seems like I'd enjoy them both more if they were spread out and say, on dates of their own? The plan was to at least catch each couple when they get married, at their moment of coming together. That way I can go to a ceremony in the morning, and catch the second ceremony later on in the day, even though it means missing out on the first wedding's reception. But then everyone says the reception is the main event, and now I'm feeling really bad for having to miss out on the first's reception. Balls.

This unemployment thing is going ok, though time is just floating by while it seems like nothing is really happening. I've got this project I'm working on that seems never ending, and I'm tired of it, I just want it to STOP. And the other parts of my days are filled with...I don't know what else. Errands, lunches, intentions. I actually have a lot of random things I need to have done and off my plate.

I attended a bachelorette party this weekend, and forgot my bikini bottoms at the hotel. No, it wasn't THAT crazy, I just forgot to take them with me. And now housekeeping won't call me back and I know they're just bottoms but I really want them back! Because now I'm down another bathing suit, and a good suit is hard to come by.

I've also been having crazy weird dreams and eating poorly lately. They're probably related.

I'm doing my best to keep my house neat and tidy, because I really like it when things are neat and tidy. However, I can't seem to get rid of this box of STUFF I have. Random little odds and ends in there that I don't know what to do with yet don't quite want to give away.

How is it that I'm unemployed and have all these things I have/want to do but can't seem to find the time to do them? How does that happen?

Oh, and the movie Burlesque is not so bad, and summer finally decided to show up to the party.

Sara took me to see IRIS last week for my birthday, and it was fantastic. It seems like there's always a moment in every cirque du soleil show that makes me want to cry. Something about the costumes and the music all doing their thing at the same time overwhelms me I guess. Hm...I just realized I went to see my first CdS show with her and now how many years later we are still seeing them together. It was with the French club, and I'm still obsessed with all things French.

Speaking of french, that Joseph guy from 500 days of Summer speaks a sexy french. I was at the bowl last night and he came out and did a few french numbers that drove all the girls crazy. The real frenchies behind us were NOT having any of it though. I believe what they were saying sounded something like "are you fucking kidding me" but then again their french accents were hard to decipher.

So france didn't happen before 30. Quel dommage. Maybe it'll happen before 40. Here's to wishing on a star.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh. And not just you not blogging. But I have so much stuff that I've been meaning to catch you up on too. Gosh, I never even finished my blog post about England. I feel really bad about that.

I did the 'two weddings in one day' thing a couple of years ago. One ceremony was in the mountains in the morning, then the other one in early evening in town, and both receptions that night in town. So I was able to do both. Worked out ok.

So speaking of things to catch you up on and British voices in your head and things that might keep you occupied in unemployment, I have a show that I've become obsessed with this summer. BBC show. Outnumbered. It's really really fabulous. The fourth series starts this week in the UK, but it seems that they're only starting to show the first season here in the US. So you have to download them illegally from the internet to catch up (because they only sell the DVDs in European DVD format, which is dumb). But I'm SO excited for new episodes!

As for neat'n'tidy houses, there are a few girls moving into my house in Denver this week, for the next few months. I guess staying there is helping them out a lot. I'm charging them almost nothing. But my dad went by the other day and I guess they'd started moving things over and he was astounded at all their shoe boxes. Girls have lots of shoes.

And you should understand in a day or two what my cryptic email the other day was about.

I'll do all the rest of my S-H catching up soon. I promise.

Anonymous said...

And I'm up for a trip to France whenever you say the word. We could do it this fall, even, while you're unemployed and I have time off work... I haven't used my French in years. I can probably still understand most of what I hear, but my speaking would be (and always was, really) rubbish.