Thursday, August 26, 2004

I had a nice night with Steve, and now i'm way tired and sleepy...probably just suffering from food coma. That's one thing i like about hanging out with steve. It always involves food somehow. Either eating too much of it, or buying it in bulk at costco and then eating too much of it. Or a trip to the bookstore reading magazines and finding new books we want to buy. Or both.

What is it about schools? Why do they produce that educational institution smell? Not that it's a smelly smell. It's just a very distinguishable scent in the air that isn't commonly found in other places, like work persay.

Yesterday i went to valley college to sign up for a class. As soon as i stepped out of my car, i smelled that smell. That first day of school smell. The smell that i've only smelled in 2 other places: highschool, and UCSD. I thought about this as i was walking to register for my class. Paramount didn't smell like this. Work doesn't smell like this. Only a school would smell like this. Is it the scent of the trees? Can't be. My hs didn't have that many trees, and it had the smell. Paramount had lots of trees, and it didn't have the smell. Maybe its the new-books-combined-with-classrooms-combined-with-trees smell. If that smell could be bottled, i would pick that over baby powder any day.

BTW: Baby powder update- although it still suffocates me from time to time, the smell isn't as strong in my car anymore. In fact i'm starting to miss it a little. That is, until i gag and suffocate again...

So i went to Valley College to sign up for rehearsal orchestra. While i was there i decided to check the class enrollment list, because a bunch of people were hovered over it. I thought i'd join the hullabaloo. As i was looking for my class in the big list on the chalk board, i suddenly had a realization that: maybe i should've signed up sooner! There i was, with only 3 full days to register. Perhaps the class was full a month ago? Perhaps it's the most popular class there???? WHAT WILL I DO IF I CAN'T GET IN??

Boy, was i completely wrong.

I finally found my class on the list, and i even checked it twice. I found that, with only 3 full registration days left, there was a whopping number of one (1) person that's signed up for the class. Counting me, that would make a whopping two (2). (Unless that one number counts the professor...) You can't have an orchestra with TWO PEOPLE!! At least not the last time i checked, though i have been out of the circuit for a while. So now i anticipate that the class will most likely be cancelled, and i won't get to play with anyone.

Won't anyone come play with me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only if I can bring my banjo. I was going to say, 'Only if I can beat on an upside-down bucket.' But I don't have a bucket.