Bruckman, I don't get it. By your story left on my blog, are you saying I don't have a personality? Or that it's not developed enough? Were you mocking my contempt for nice? Or was it more of a social commentary on something or the other that has just totally flown over my head? I just don't get it. And what's this about applying personality in a paste? How do I get in on that?
In any case...
I'm beginning to develop a fetish for denim butt pockets. I've never really noticed til now, but the decor of the butt pocket on denim jeans I must say, are just the greatest accent to something already so wonderful: jeans. I've never been much of a butt person, nor do I intend to become one, butt, I'll be on the lookout for butts more so now...for those wonderful butt pockets.
I do miss my butt slapping wars with the roommates though...where's a butt to slap when you need one?
21 hours ago
1 comment:
The story is nothing more than pages 8-10 of Eternal Sunshine cut and pasted to your blog. There are probably some legal statutes forbidding this, but I think you’ll probably only have to pay a fine. As far as the content of your blog goes, I believe your blanket generalization on the growing ‘nice’ dependency of modern society reveals more about your character than our decaying civilization. I find that most people’s (myself included) initial impulse to anything outside of that which pleases them is to be mean, and are by default inclined to react in an unfavorable, or opposite of nice, manner. For the great majority, being ‘nice’ requires an enormous amount of effort. A level of commitment and self-control that would bring astonishment to a celibate monk. But you, you are lucky. For you, ‘nice’ is easy.
But I do understand your point of view, as it can be safer to be nice (fabricated) as opposed to being brutally honest and true to yourself. We are taught to consider the feelings of others, placing their esteem sometimes above our integrity. But why is this? Is it not better to be disappointed with the truth than to be happy with a lie? Does one really accomplish anything from feigning charm to an uninteresting peer? Or by complimenting an unappealing shirt or handbag? I have run flat out of things to say on this, feel free to add your own snappy conclusion (or would you like me to post more of the script?)
Post a Comment