Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Jess is back!

If even for only an episode, he's back nonetheless. And even though I think his days are up on this show, I'll gladly take some of him, than none at all.

I've finally finished Pride and Prejudice. The ending was a bit of a blur due to poor planning on my part. You see, I had to quickly finish the last ten chapters in an hour before it turned into an overdue book (again!), and I was not about to have yet another library fine (seeing how I already incurred some the day before). So, I tried to find another copy of it at the library so that I could check it out and finish the ending at my leisure at home, but to no avail. Alas, it was nowhere to be found. I then had to sit myself down and finish the last chapters in a hurry thinking that the library closed at 8, though I later found out it really closes at 9. In any case, Elizabeth does finally agree to take Mr. Darcy's hand afterall (gee, I didn't see that coming), and everyone is happy and all is well.

Except for me.

I now find myself conjecturing throughout the course of a day, fancying phrases like, "utmost care" or "urging earnestly." This is what happens when you read Austen. I should read more books with expletives for fuck's sake.

:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw him in the commercial and totally thought of you! I was going to call you to make sure you got the news, but I see you already have. : ) Once again, a true rebel is required to point miss Rory back on the path of righteouss coolness.

mendacious said...

Oh, let's totally hope so. The trailer was a bit lame but I am a bit remiss at them making Logan such a tool! He WAS a badboy until the writers painted themselves into a corner. Bad writers. Bad. Death Brigade Wha..? you said. And only giving Lane one lame line and one lame dress to wear. Tragic.

SW said...

I KNOW!

You'd think that giving Lane one lame line would merit her one fabulous dress, but whatever that piece of fabric she was wearing was, it was NOT fabulous.

And yes, the damn writers on the show are so manipulative when it comes to Rory's guys. If the writers need a little sap, they'll write the boy into a perfect non-existent man. If the writers need some drama, they'll write the boy into a jerk. They don't keep the characters what they should be, they write it to their needs. How is a character ever to grow this way?