I never thought I'd be the type of person to be walking around with a headset in my ear while walking about town, but there i was today, at the grocery store, with my bluetooth headset in my ear. Ugh, so lame. But it's only because the buttons I have to press on my phone to connect to my headset is enough to dial someone's number manually! So i either stick to the phone, stick to the bluetooth, or keep switching back and forth, back and forth. Ugh. It's so not worth it. And I feel like i'm even MORE distracted on my little headset than I am when i'm holding my phone. I just feel like it's all so backwards.
And then I lost my clubcard today. It's usually there, but today when i went into the wallet, it decided to run away or something cuz it wasn't there! So i told the cashier that i didn't have my card, hoping she would let me just swipe hers, but instead she asked for my phone number, which is what the usual backup is when you don't have your card. Well, I knew for sure that my phone number wouldn't work because I signed up for the card with my OLD phone number which i couldn't remember, but I gave her my current number anyways. To my surprise, I saved $9, which made me think that maybe they just wanted the phone number for their records. Until....the cashier said to me: "Thank you Ms. Lopez, you saved $9." Which was followed by a weird look on her face. I missed what she said, but her weird look made me give her a weird look back, and made me look at my receipt, only to realize that my number once belonged to a Ms. Lopez.
And you know how I know this?? Because debt collectors call me all the time looking for Ms Lopez and asking if Ms. Lopez would be so kind to call them back. Damn this Ms Lopez....seeping in on my life. But she did save me $9 today, so I guess we're cool for now.
1 day ago
2 comments:
You should turn yourself into a bounty hunter and track Ms. Lopez down for the debt collectors.
Our home # once belonged to some man named Angel who also has debt collectors, children who are going to lose their free medical insurance from the state, and children who attend the local elementary school where they leave messages notifying of minimum days. Sigh...if only he could save us some $$ @ Ralphs.
Post a Comment