Today's odd Google search of the day: Eating too many blackberries.
I wanted to see if eating too many blackberries are bad for you. Maybe it's diarrhea inducing, or maybe I'd get antioxidant poisoning from having too much antioxidants in my system. See, we get these fruit deliveries at work. Lately there's been a lot of raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries. I got hooked on blackberries last week. I bought a box at the grocery store. Had some at work. Bought some over the weekend at the farmer's market. Had s'more at work today. I've been on a blackberry high. I feel like Violet who turned violet. So I just wanted the internet to assure me that I'd be ok. So far, I think I will be ok. But I should probably cut back anyway.
Yesterday was National Pie Day. I told C that our goal for the day was to eat pie. Guess what. It didn't happen. And then I told S about it over the phone, and felt confident that I'd go get some pie to make up for it tonight. And that didn't happen either. Instead I settled on an orange....and some blackberries. Good for me. Bad for that apple pie. I'll get you pie! And your little a la mode pal too.
The Bachelor is terrible. I can't believe I've been watching. How do these girls do this to themselves. And then all that kissing. Ugh, I need to stop watching this crazy nonsense.
So...big news of the moment: I may be going to Japan at the end of March for a week of vacation. TA DA! Coworker steve lived there for a while. His parents live there now. He's going back to visit and I'm tagging along. I was jealous when he went last time, and told myself I'd go with him the next time he went. And guess what, he's going again already. I figure now's the best time to go. I'm not getting any younger. I'd have a place to stay and a guide who speaks the language and loves ramen as much as I do. I mean really, I can't NOT go. If anything, for the sake of my taste buds, I have to go. But alas, tickets have not been bought so nothing is for certain until they are. But hopefully me putting this out there in the universe will take me a step closer to JAPAN...and noddles! Wheeeee!
11 hours ago
8 comments:
I don't think you can eat too many. That's awesome. I wish I had fresh berry deliveries at work.
And I've never understood the marionberry. It shows up in yogurt and ice cream in Oregon, but somehow you never see it anywhere else...
And Japan too. Don't suppose there's room for me?
I hate ramen. Maybe you shouldn't take me to Japan after all.
I guess the marionberry is just a type of blackberry
And ramen hates you.
No, it probably doesn't. And you probably haven't had proper ramen before. Are you a vegetarian? If you are, then yes, you're probably not a good ramen candidate. If not, then you should look into giving ramen a second try. Somewhere good and authentic.
And while we're on topic, let me reiterate that Graeter's Black Raspberry Chip ice cream is the greatest ice cream of all time, and I'm still completely and totally obsessed with it. Amazing. Amazing.
Japan, eh? Sounds pretty cool. You gotta do it!
A - That ice-cream sounds like it might be worth shipping. I'm always curious as to what people think is the best ice-cream ever. Our home is partial to Blue Bell ice-cream.
I say go for it. Don't worry about the money. You will make more. This is an opportunity to have the fabled ramen while watching oversized fat guys in diapers wrestle LIVE! I also back you up on the idea of having a guide who speaks the lingo. Super helpful. If you don't go let me know and I will go in your place.
A-dubya
Maybe I'll try Blue Bell soon, then...
Post a Comment