Ok. How much do we all want to go see No Strings Attached? A period mix? Genius. I don't know what it is about cheesy rom coms that I know are so unrealistic but still can't stop watching. Sigh. I went to see Black Swan by miself late Saturday night, and now am even more intrigued by Natalie Portman. She was a bit annoying in the movie, but something about her natural beauty really intrigues me.
Nothing much happened this weekend, I spent a lot of time with the family, watched a lot of movies on the couch, and just generally chilled as I tried to nurse myself back to health. I'm happy to report, the cold that I caught over the holidays has now escaped...mainly through my nose. Thank goodness.
Oh, the Arizona shooting happened this weekend. Ugh, made me sick.
I'm going through a period of general malaise. My hair is in this in between mode and being non cooperative, like all the time, I'm not happy with my job but can't seem to get out of it, I'm in a creative rut. And it's only January! Sheeshkabobs.
In other news, I'm really digging this new law that some restaurants have to abide by starting this year. If you're a restaurant with 20 or more locations in California, you have to post the food calories on the menus. Not a big deal you think, but I think it'll ultimately make a difference. I've already changed my orders based on seeing how many calories something has. A pretzel with frosting on top is not as innocent as my argumentative mind would like to think. It's amazing how good my mind is at talking itself into thinking that certain foods are totally innocent. So I'm really happy about this new law. Except it's only for chains. I wish it was for every restaurant.
And now i'm having a coughing fit, so it's time to sign off. Looks like my cold is trying to escape through my throat as well.
11 hours ago
6 comments:
Gosh. Where to begin?
1) Way to rub the movie in. I want to see it and can't (by choice, of course).
2) Natalie Portman caught my eye in "Beautiful Girls" and I fell in love with her beauty. Then she had to go ruin it by her AWFUL acting in Star Wars. Now I'm trying to like her again, but I was seriously scarred by Star Wars. She was so bad in it.
3) The calorie thing kind of bummed me out, but I suppose ultimately it is a good thing. I wasn't aware that it was for only chain restaurants. I was wondering why I wasn't seeing it everywhere.
4) If it is for said chain stores, what chain store are you able to order a pretzel with icing?
5) Random, but now my Google Account got linked with Aaron's gmail account somehow (not too pleased) and it sends follow-up comments to his e-mail. I think I'll just figure out how to check his e-mail, but I'm bummed. I already share my e-mail to begin with and now its linked to one of his personal e-mails. Can a girl not get her own identity?
When can't SaraWarren see it by choice?
I was a bit curious about chain restaurants S-H frequents as well.
That was supposed to say 'why'.
Iced pretzel was at the movie theater.
I don't watch Rated R movies (mostly for religious purposes, but ultimately it was my choice).
Our religion encourages us not to watch things that would be deemed inappropriate morally or otherwise.
Crap. Going national?
Post a Comment