Monday, January 03, 2011

Oh snap.

Today has been a most productive day. Hello new year! Emails were returned, lunch dates were had, had several important talks at work regarding my job, and got my dad a birthday present. I think one of my resolutions this year is to deal with issues sooner than later. I have this habit of putting things off, more particularly, talking to people about important topics. Especially at work. I hate when you have to talk to the boss man about stuff. I worry about it all day and make myself sick thinking about it and what to say when I should just go ahead and do it. This year, I just need to figure out how to resolve issues more quickly. I think it'll be better for my heart. I'm not sure how though...grow some balls I guess.

My dad is turning 60 this year. We got him an ergonomic chair, for all those hours he sits in front of the computer. A chair which I thought of, found, and picked up today. Thank you. Thank you. Yes, I know, I'm awesome. (This is also the only place I can brag about it, so...thanks for your patience.) It's funny to think of my dad as 60. I always thought 60 was when you're officially an old man. And yes, he is older...but he doesn't seem like a grandpa...even though he will be in about 7 months. My dad had me when he was 30 and this year, 30 years later, he'll have another little baby. Funny how these things work out.

There are some screen and lighting tests being done at work tomorrow, and I may get the opportunity to be the test dummy and get my makeup done by our makeup girl make me up for said tests. That would be neat. I hope I don't look like a hooker, I usually look like a hooker when other people do my makeup. Guess I'll have some streets to walk tomorrow. YEEHAW!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeehaw indeed!

My mom hit 60 in March, and I think my dad turns 65 this year...