Succulent: rich in interest.
So, there.
I woke up early this morning. I hate that. Weekends are for sleeping in! This seems to happen a lot, where I can't seem to get myself out of bed on weekdays, and then when I have all the time in the world to sleep in on weekends, I wake up early. I wish that was reversed. Annoying.
So I woke up and went to a workout class, where I got my butt kicked. I'll be paying for it for the next few days I'm sure.
My bff was kind enough to drive up to me tonight for a girls night. I thought I'd take us both to a hip new restaurant. Turns out, other than the cute and friendly bartender, the food was pretty disappointing. Ugh. I hate when food disappoints me. Because it shouldn't. Food should be glorious! Instead, I had to get extra salsa to get some extra flavor. :-( And maybe the bartender was extra friendly to us, trying to divert our attention to him to make up for the bland food. It sure worked though...sigh. I'm trying not to think about it too much, because the more I think about it the madder I get. Don't mess with me and my food!!
But spending time with the bestie is always fun. :-)
It was a lovely warm day today in Los Angeles. Everyone was out enjoying the sun. I broke into a sweat walking back from brunch with an old coworker. Brunch is always fun, because when you're done, there's still so much of the day left! I gotta enjoy this weekend, cuz next week is gonna be a tough one.
I have half a cookie left I'm going to go nosh on. And S, NOW I'm craving that cupcake...the salted caramel with the pink top. Let me know how that turns out will ya?
11 hours ago
4 comments:
Hmmmm... sun. Not so much of that working night shift, and not much of that anyway up at my latitude. And we have a heat wave of our own. From the -45 that it was up to about -30. Downright balmy...
This is the first night I've actually had anything to do since I've been out here. Which is ridiculous for the amount of money they've paid me, that I've done nothing until tonight. But that's how things go sometimes...
A - sign me up for a ridiculous amount of money to do nothing anytime. :o)
SH - Aaron ate that cupcake, so I'm not sure. I had the raspberry one, which was tasty.
I just don't get how such places can get away with such poor food. They do make up for it in bartenders and atmosphere. It was fun!
A, sorry you're not doing much out there in the coldness. I'd hate that too. I'd rather be paid less for doing something I love, than being paid a lot for doing nothing at all. Well, maybe I'd do it if I knew it was for a certain amount of time and that I could be saving up some cash. But, I'd still rather be useful than not.
I do enjoy my job, though. Don't get me wrong. We were just a little slow to get things going... I'm working now.
And I like how this gives me flexibility in the rest of my year. For school, and other work, and play time, and just not being expected to go to work 5 day/week year-round, etc.
Post a Comment