This morning I thought I'd do something unusual and take myself out to breakfast. That's right. On a weekday. And I had a coupon so I saved myself a few dollars. Welp. It turned out to be the most expensive breakfast I've ever had. It was all going so swimmingly until I got out to my car and saw that parking ticket. I had fed the meter and everything. Turns out it was street cleaning day...AGAIN! Zut Alors. Shit.
So my friend vonne and I went over to my former coworker, now friend's house to record some doo wops for his album. It sounded fun when he proposed it, but I wasn't sure how well it'd work out, seeing how I don't think either of us have done such a thing. I did with my violin but that's a bit different. I figured we'll do one song and see how it goes. Turns out, it turned out fantastically! We had so much fun. And we bounced ideas off each other, got each other's opinions. It's truly what making music is about. We ended up going through four songs. And now he wants us back on Sunday, to do a few more. Vonne came up with a name for ourselves: The Maestro Twins. It's funny because we look nothing alike. And it'll fit with our string duo we're trying to start (even though we've only had one practice!!).
Also, I don't know if I've mentioned this, but lately I've been on the look out for an accordion. I know, it's just going to be another toy that I might get bored with in a month, if not an hour. Which is why I'm looking to just borrow one and play around with it before I invest in one. Today I think I've got the perfect solution. And it's been in my neighborhood this whole time!! I can't believe it! Will report back on this later when I get more information.
1 day ago
3 comments:
My cousin, whose photo book you've seen, has a hand made cajun accordion. I guess there's an annual auction for one to raise money for a school, and way back in the day he picked one up. Doesn't really play much, but loans it out to local bands from time to time. Pretty cool. I'm not much good at it.
Were you wearing doo wop outfits?
I love vonne & I love you! Keep on doo-woppin' ladies!
Post a Comment