I'm obsessed with looking for funiture on craigslist. I need a couch. My apartment is in a constant state of ambiguity due to a lack of furniture. Well, let me correct that, a lack of the proper furniture. I'm at odds with the apartment that is missing a solid foundation with which to begin a proper relationship; that is, a couch. Does my tv go on this wall or that? Depends on where the couch goes. Does my bookshelf go on this side or that? Depends on the couch. What will be the theme/color of my living room? Depends on the color of the couch. So many things are dependent on this couch i don't have.
And the fact that I just blogged a whole paragraph on my materialistic needs while thousands of people are without homes on the other side of the world puts me to shame....Must find a proper charity to donate some money to...
Is it just me, or is it everyone? I'm having trouble enjoying certain things these past few days. Sometimes i'll forget, but every once in a while, I'll remember, and feel guilty for enjoying something while thousands of people can't.
Less complaining, more appreciating.
Alas, it is once again, the new year. A time when people reminisce on the past year, make resolutions for the coming year, and all that bullshit. Well, since you didn't ask for it, here it is, my
TOP TEN SNIPPETS FROM BLOGS OF 2004:
January 19, 2004
In reference to canceling free cable:
"So goodbye, Real World San Diego. Now I'll never know the ways to party it up down there. Goodbye queer guys, oh how i'll miss you and your gay ways. Goodbye Carrie, and the rest of the girls, whom I never got to catch up with during this short time of cable bliss. And soon you and your sex will be gone forever, perhaps only to be rented out at the local video store in chronological seasons. Goodbye MTV music videos all day everyday. My love for you is like whoa."
April 13, 2004
"So i was at the bookstore with steve the other day buying a magazine when the lady handed me my change. I quickly glanced at my quarters and saw that in my pile of change, i had a michigan! And stupidly i yelled out "MICHIGAN!" a little too loudly only to realize too late that i'm suppose to be yelling out stuff like this INSIDE my head, not outside. The lady chuckled at me, i tried to make a joke of it, and was quickly escorted out by steve, who, being the good sport he is, is still my friend despite my embarrassing outbursts."
July 26, 2004
"Are real nerds ever really aware that they're a nerd? My theory is, if you have enough awareness of your nerdiness, then you are aware of your actions. To me, there are several levels of nerdiness, and a real nerd is one that is not aware of how others perceive them. Unless, you self-proclaim yourself to be one in order to fit in with the counter culture folks. Y'know, those who wish to be unconventional and unorthodox in their ways. So if you realize you are a nerd, maybe you're really not a nerd? But if you are a nerd, and you want to counter those who go out of their way to be unconventional, then aren't you really just plain conventional? In one word...normal?"
August 19, 2004
"Isn't it ironic that my initials, SH, coincide with the same initials as Straight Hood? Coincidence? I think not."
August 22, 2004
ALL OF IT
August 23, 2004
"My car, my lovely white corolla with the noise in the back, my place for solitude and safe haven is now SUFFOCATING ME to death with its scent. Everytime i get in my car i'm reminded that it has a new smell. And it's ok for the first 10 minutes or so when i first get in the car. After that, i start getting a headache! I'll either have to roll my windows down, or turn on the ac, but both just makes me cold. While innocent in name and intentions, i do believe this baby powder scent will be the death of me. As much as i love baby powder, whatever that poser scent is in my car is suffocating me, and perhaps i should've gone for the new car smell. I can't even cruise the right way now that i'm so nauseated by this baby powder. Damn you baby powder! I shake my fist at thee!"
August 31, 2004
"People should know when they serve desserts a la mode, that the pastry to ice cream ratio should be equal, if not include more ice cream. Yet, theres always only one scoop of ice cream. What's up with that? Especially if you're sharing...that brings your ice cream ratio down 50%. You would think that it would also bring the pastry ratio down 50%, but for some reason, it just doesn't seem to work that way. So when you're sharing, like we were last night, you just don't get as much ice cream as there should be with such a dessert. I just think people generally like their dessert with more ice cream than pastry. Am i right?"
September 7, 2004
"I once heard someone somewhere say that they really enjoy a nice pair of pants. Perhaps it was in a movie. I'm not really sure where i heard it, but when i did, i felt like i couldn't agree more with another person on a statement. Abortion, religion, politics, these are all things i can get in debates about for hours on end. But enjoying a nice pair of pants? To that i can't say anything more than "Amen, brotha."'
September 21, 2004
"Today i realized i've been with my blog for over three years now. (Don't tell my blog, but i think we're getting serious.) We don't see each other all the time, just when i feel like it, which i think is a nice balance in this sort of relationship. But i'm starting to get a little too attached. Sometimes i blog in my head when i don't have a computer around. (Especially in traffic.) And i tell myself to remember my headblogging but i usually never do. I always come back to this blog. So even when i try to cheat on my blog i can't actually go through with it. I think this is that time in the relationship when that darn four letter word enters the relationship...
i BLOG you."
September 30, 2004
"Orchestra is cool because its the only place you can say "ritard" without offending anyone."
"I'd like to end tonight by reminding you of an old saying in Tennessee, i know its in Texas...probably in Tennessee: " Blog me once, good for you. Blog me twice...great for me."
21 hours ago
1 comment:
I also have had several "April 13th" moments.
Post a Comment