Friday, January 14, 2005

Whoa! What is going on?

I feel like my blog woke up this morning and decided to recruit itself some readers. So this is what happens when you leave a blog alone for a couple days. I guess my wish of going national/international came true!

But really, how did my audience jump from 3 to 13? I still can't figure out that part. However, I'm enjoying the comments, thanks! I am quite confused, but so very appreciative.

That aside, let's get down to business.

Things I've learned over the past week:

1. Blanket covers are not called blanket covers.
Apparently, they are called "duvets." And no, not just "duvets," it's not that simple. Being a derivative of French, the word "duvet" has the fancy French pronunciation: Du-vay. Never again will I make that mistake, Ms. Aisle Number 6: Bedding. Thanks for saving me from a lifetime of embarrasment.

2. "No cuts, no butts, no coconuts."
I knew better in 4th grade. Cutting in line back then was a big no no. I forgot that very important lesson last night at the grocery store. I met up with Mitch there, and by the time we got in line, I realized I only had 2 items, while he had....a basket full. So I cut in front of him. Later, he informed me that the checkout lady told him he was a special customer who won a $10 gift certificate. It could've been mine, had I not cut in line.
Let this be a very important lesson to all of us.

3. You may not have control over certain situations, but you have control over how you react to them."
I definitely agree, but it's still something I need to work on. I tend to overanalyze and overreact in certain situations, causing myself unnecessary stress, and giving myself unnecessary grief when I should really just move on.


There you go. Three things I've learned this week, which I am now passing along to you.

May you learn from my ignorance.

And yes, I do wear a helmet.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

My first language is French and I don't even call it duvet :p I mean, I know the word exists but I don't use it on a day to day basis. Maybe because I'm French-Canadian...

mendacious said...

damn canadians. it's duvet. it always has been, it always will be. growth is important. let's not devalidate the learning process shall we. >:\