Yesterday I spent half an hour just staring out my window spying on my neighbor's cat. He was doing backflips on the walkway. Left...and then right, and then back left again...and then...wait...wait...back to the right! He could've just been trying to scratch his back, who knows. But it was fascinating.
This reminds me of the days back in Apt 15 when we'd used to watch Monty in his tank. Especially when finals and papers and midterms came around. During those times, he was especially fascinating to watch. He'd climb up on his rock, and then jump off of it, letting the water safely float him down. It was as if he knew that we had to study and write papers, and so would seduce us even more by giving us quite the show. Who knew crayfish could be such the tease?
I'm not a huge fan of cats seeing how I'm allergic to them, but there have been a few that have caught my eye. If I wasn't so allergic, I would definitely have a cat. In fact, I'd probably steal my neighbor's cat. There are about 10 altogether in our complex, but only this one I was watching would I steal. He's just adorable. I think he can sense that I like him. If I leave my door open, he'll have the audacity to open the screen door with one paw, walk in, and sit on my couch. He's done it several times. And sometimes I'll catch him lounging on my doormat when I come home from work. Sometimes cats are just like little kids. They're just as cute, but don't talk back or ask endless questions.
I think I will give myself the title of "The NON-CAT cat lady."
I even have a large brimmed hat.
21 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment