Friday, September 30, 2005

Burbank smells like a large BBQ.

Apparently the hills of Burbank want to join in on the fire fun too, so they've decided to go get themselves all burned up. I can't seem to take my eyes off the flames, they are so hypnotically mesmorizing. I teared up as I went to work this morning, not because of the white ash collecting on my recently washed car, but because white ash was attacking my eyes, and when you're biking, there's no windshield to protect you from such attacks.

Hmm...white ash...that sounds like a good band name. I call dibs.


Since I'm always late to rehearsals, I seem to have different stand partners each week. This week I sat in the back next to a friendly gal, and when I introduced myself, it went something like this:

Me: Hi, my name is Szu-Hua
Her: Su...?
Me: Su-Ha
Her (nods): Su ra
Me: no, SU-HA
Her: no, Su ra

Turns out, her name is pronounced Su-ra! We both realized our names sounded the same at the same, and had a jolly laugh about it. Ok, so I guess the whole story would be funnier if you had name issues growing up...
Whatever, you...........normal named person.

No comments: