Monday, September 12, 2005

Day three.

Good god, its been three days, and I'm bored outta my mind. With the exception of the little blackout today, there's been no excitement. And I would hardly even call a blackout exciting. And what a day to call in sick...due to the blackout, everyone was sent home at 2:30. And then, to make matters worse, due to the blackout, everyone was partying by 4:30 at Wally's house just down the street. His call was like boredom punching me in the face. By 4:32 I could've been sitting poolside, sipping on whatever concoctions they would've handed me in this lovely fall weather. Instead, I sadly declined and went back to bed. The only time I went out today was to take out the trash and check on my power. That is not so fabulous.

In the meantime, I've began re-reading Pride and Prejudice since a new version of the film is coming out in November. It always amazes me that this book (or this author rather), written more than 200 years ago, can still relate to present day (minus all the fluffy language). I guess that at the core of it, love, relationships, and courtship still transcends time.

I've always wanted to use the word "transcend". Cool.

It's weird, due to my irratic sleeping pattern, I've been having odd dreams. Well, they're more like visions. I'll see myself having conversations with people, and I'll wake up and later wonder if it really happened, or if I just dreamed it. And currently, I'm still wondering about some of them...

No comments: