Sunday, February 17, 2008

Book parties and such...

Who would've thought that being at a party with my name is earl and hyde would be a snore in the land of doldrums? The event piqued Vonne and my own curiosity, but i soon learned that nothing really goes on at a book party. To be fair I only knew the author's brother (who himself had not read the book), and Vonne arrived way after us. If I had been friends with these people or made an attempt to start conversations with any of them, it might've been somewhat interesting. (The event, not the company i was with.) But instead i stuck to Y+T, discussing the merits of having large text on walls as an alternative to wallpaper. (Quite an interesting idea I must say.)

So instead, we bid the party adieu and sauntered over to Cosmo's for what turned out to be a fantastic night of ancient Japanese hiccup secret cures and drunken karaoke. And boy, what karaoke! Old japanese men crooning to old japanese hits, vonne's melodious rendition of jill scott, JV and I making THAT CHANGE per Michael J's request, Bryan Adams appearing out of NOWHERE, and on and on. Karaoke makes the world a magical place. It really does.

Next up: I really must unload my camera and upload some pictures. It's been months. I see other people's blogs full of pictures and videos, and it really just adds to the blog-mosphere. I know i'm trying to keep myself somewhat anonymous, but really, my two readers already know who I am and those who fall into the blog by chance...well, I'm guessing that they just pick themselves up and are on their merry little way very quickly. So if i'm hip enough to have an rss feed, I think its time to start putting up pictures...don't you think?

1 comment:

mendacious said...

yes, you should.
i'm totally jealous of your japanese karaoke.