So i just let my machine pick up two phone calls...first time the guy was confused, second time he left a message.
His name is robert, and he's making reservations for two for...VALENTINES DAY!!!!!! The second session, whatever that means. I wonder which restaurant he thinks he called....
Thing is, my phone is connect to the keypad to get in. So, i've gotten calls from people wanting to get in and stuff....so i just stopped answering my phone. And my message says, "Please leave a message." That's it. No name, no nothin. I didn't want to say my name on the machine because people who call from the keypad downstairs will get the machine message if i don't pick up, and know my name! Anyways, its a pretty intricate system of avoidance I've set up, don't question it.
But..so...what do i do? I don't want to call him back! But i also don't want to be the reason him and his date are stranded on valentines day! He spelled out his name and left a number and everything!
Thanks alot valentines day! If you didn't exist, none of this would've happened. You're not a real holiday anyway so stop acting like one!
*********NEXT DAY UPDATE*********
So i called the DOOD back this morning, trying to explain that he called me...the wrong number...valentine's day reservations? He either couldn't hear me, or couldn't understand me, so i guess the next logical thing to do was....hang up on me?
Thanks mr. Thanks a million. Trying to do you a favor and get you possibly laid on Vday, and what do you do? Hang up on me???
Sigh.
So in my quest to save their relationship, i texted him back. "You dialed the wrong number last night for your reservations."
And, let me just say, that is a looooong sentence to text for someone who is text handicapped, and running late for work.
And oh what's this??
I just got a text back! It wasn't in vain after all! (i wasn't even sure if i dialed the right number, couldn't tell if he said 310 or 210 on the message) So he just texted back "U r rite my apologiz"
Hooray! SH saves the day! Boy, I'm tired...now i know how Batman feels. That's enough good deeds for the
This played out in my head last night...dim the lights.
Lady with blonde curly hair, freshly done nails, snapping gum in mouth:
"Ugh, but Harry, you said you MADE reservations!!"
Man with open shirt, gold chains:
"But hon, i did, i promise. Check the list again will ya kid? I called and left a message last week!"
Red haired kid with freckles and suit:
"I'm sorry sir, you're not on this list, we didn't get a call from you last week. Please, sir, step away from the book...I can't take your money sir, we are all filled up, I really can't get you a table. Sir...sir, please, personal space..."
Lady:
"I give you one thing to do harry, ONE THING, and you can't even remembah to do it."
Harry:
zoom in on sad face....cue trumpet sound fx: wop wop wop wop wwwwwop!
AND SCENE.
3 comments:
Call him from a pay-phone and tell him.
You'd think he'd talk to within the next week again if he's going out with her on Valentine's Day, at which point they'll hopefully discuss how she didn't get the message?
well done. you are my hero. : )
No no anonymous, you've got it all wrong.
He was calling to make reservations for the both of them, not to let his date know about said reservations. So they won't get to discuss it at all, in fact it might be a secret surprise.
And you know how many germs live on a pay phone?? No way, no how, no thanks.
Post a Comment