Friday, October 16, 2009

Come fly with me...

...or Falcon, either one.

Another day, another night of blogging from bed. I should really quit this bad habit.

Today I felt humiliated not once, but twice by technology. I really love you technology but the way we rely on you for the useless things in our lives just makes me feel really sad about the human race...and myself, for going along with the human race. Specifically, fb. There, I admitted it. I can't even spell it out by name. You know what I'm talking about, S. I'm going to hang my head in shame now, for even letting it get to me.

On the bright side of things...I'm getting my own show...on the web. I know you're thinking, who doesn't have their own show on the web these days? But since I work in tv, I'm hoping my show will stand out just a little more. At least I'm hoping. For now it's started out as a joke (actually has to do with my recent blog entry about the scary movie) but I'm hoping I can draw out this joke and make something out of it.
Actually I've always been quite serious about it but when I talk about it people end up finding it funny. And yes the haha kind of funny (no pun intended), instead of taking it seriously. Even though this will deviate from what i originally envisioned the show to be (since 7th grade), I really hope that it goes somewhere, does something, has a following. It's just up to me to figure it out what and how. But also I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't go anywhere and was merely a one time joke. I guess we'll see.

I miss the rain...it was like an old friend, popping in to say a quick hello. I was hoping it would have stayed the weekend. We could've had tea together...

A coworker has decided to take the next 2 months to travel, and boss man approved it. Which means he'll be coming back to a job, safe and secure. I AM SO JEALOUS. And yea sure, since he's doing it, I could probably request the same thing, it's like he opened the gates for all of us, but still...I can't and won't. His reasoning was that nothing was keeping him here; he recently broke up with the gf, he still doesn't have a ton of friends here, and now, work is allowing him to come back. He feels like he's still young, gotta go see the world before he has to settle down. I agree with him completely. But as much as I'd love to drop everything, it's just not my nature. I'm a terrible traveler: I get sick so easily (car, motion, viruses, food). Im a girlie girl in that I'd need my stuff with me. Also I'm not one to venture out on my own. As much as I want to believe that I'm an independent woman, traveling is not something I'd want to do alone. What good is seeing old ruins and eating fine foods if you can't share it with someone else? If i travelled alone, I'd probably spend the entire time blogging in my head to someone that didn't exist! I should have studied abroad back in college, but not like I could've afforded it back then! I'm just jealous that coworker is able to do something I'm too scared to do myself. But good for him, I'm happy for him, though it leaves us in a sucky situation at work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure you protect your intellectual property rights and cut some good contracts before you do this show of yours... in case it becomes and international sensation.

And make sure to give the blog a head's up so we can watch it.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I wouldn't want to travel alone either. Kudos for those who can, but not my cup of tea.