Today, I woke up and could barely walk from my bed. Rewind: Monday I decided to do a Jillian Michaels workout video, and felt great afterwards. Yesterday I felt fine. Today though. TODAY. Sometime during the night my muscles decided to flip out on me and go bezerk and make me look like I have a stick stuck up my ass when I'm walking. It's the calves and the quads....oh...they burn.
This always happens to me. I exercise once; one video, one mile, one hip hop class, one climb. And then I'm hurting for the rest of the week. I know i probably need to work up to these sudden intensities, but I can't tell how intense I'm going until it's too late and I'm hurting a few days later. And then this throws my schedule off, and I'm out the whole week. I wish I could ask Jillian how to do this correctly and not hurt and keep going several times a week. I just want to be strong. I want arms that can punch you in the face if I have to. I want my legs to be calm and quiet after a day of sitting in a chair rather than buzzing and itching for me to take them out on a run. I want to be able to kick you in the nuts and run 5 miles away when you surprise attack me from behind. Suggestions on a good way to get into an exercise routine anyone? (And yes I warmed up.)
This pain won't fare well for Salsa class tomorrow. I may have to skip. The best thing last week was that the female instructor didn't remember me (likely), but the male one did! (surprising) We had a nice little chat while he whirled me around, like we were having coffee and scones to pass the time, instead of busting a move and working up a sweat. Because I am THAT good when I salsa with him. Sigh, too bad I might miss out tomorrow. I even practiced my hand moves, of the Sexy Hand Moves.
Not like the footsteps themselves aren't hard enough, but then they throw in these flourishes for the female arms. If you didn't know already, I have awkward arms. That's why I love pockets, they're practically a must have when I make a dress purchase. They just give that awkwardness a place to be, a home. But I digress...
Not only are these hand moves hard for me to refine, they have an element of sexiness to them that my awkward arms can't quite achieve. It's like when I tried hip hop and realized that my hips "just don't move that way." (Yknow, that "ahhhz...push it...push it good" kind of way. You know.) Arm-in-arm-out-past-shoulder-point-finger-slide-down. Too many things to think about to be sexy and slinky come hither arms. But...I'm working on it. It's just too embarrasing to work on in class, so I have to do it at home by myself, but then practicing isn't really practicing when you don't have a real partner getting in your way. Fiddle dee dee.
Today I had a great hair day. It was awesome.
Today I came home late from a long day at work, and still made myself dinner rather than just ordering take out. Yay me.
Today after pressing very few buttons to make an awesome edit, I realized that I am a sharp shooter. Fast too.
Today wasn't the greatest day that I've ever known, but it was way better than yesterday, so i'm grateful for that.
18 hours ago
4 comments:
I hope you never kick me in the nuts (if I have nuts).
yay for good days!
and salsa lessons?! since when? i was thinking about taking a class like that. tell me more.
as for the not killing yourself workout... i'd say make sure you do something the day after the workout. don't let your muscles get stiff and cranky. it doesn't have to be intense, maybe just a nice jog or bike ride or even some stretching. might help. : )
Its funny, I can think back to our 6th grade dance and remember you asking me "what should I be doing with my arms when I dance?" Some things never change. ;o)
I am SO looking forward to seeing you this weekend, dear!
A: Only if you surprise attack me from behind.
S1: Thank for the tip, i'll look into that.
S2: Thanks for the embarrassing memories of 6th grade.
Post a Comment