Do you guys remember Being John Malcovich? That movie blew my mind! The idea of crawling through some magical tunnel and into someone else's head and seeing things from john's perspective was so on the money. Sometimes I wish I could crawl into someone else's head.
So many fights and arguments are started from miscommunication. I see it first hand all the time. If only people could walk into the other person's mind and realize that last insult they threw at you wasn't intended to be an insult at all, and was in fact merely a way of saying I really care about you. If only that was the case we'd save ourselves a lot of hurt feelings and misguided anger, and replace that energy into saving the earth or something of the kind. I see it all the time, I'm guilty of it too.
The thing with being at home is I end up seeing a lot of Chinese tv. I don't watch it persay, I can only handle short doses. Well today I saw this taiwanese model on the tv and as I watched her speak I had a huge urge to punch her. Sounds harsh I know, but it's really an urge. The strange thing was that this urge felt familiar. Then I found out it's the same girl that is in red cliff, this Chinese movie that will be out later in December. When I found out it was the same woman, it made sense, because I remember wanting to punch her when I saw her in the movie.
I'm not one to usually advocate violence but it's just this deep urge I get when I watch her. She's just so....the only word I can think of is "soft". I know she's a model and all but this softness in her is not sexy at all. It makes me really angry in fact (I think that's where the punching thing stems from).
This might not be my place to say but... I just feel like if you're going to use your pretty, use it from a place of strength and confidence. Exude it until you can't exude no more. Don't be this soft little thing that giggles and smiles and...to me just seems so weak yet proud in the weakness. I know it's not my place to judge who people are and how they are, I wouldn't want to be judged either but...I can't help it, the urge to punch her just washes over me when I see or hear her. Maybe I just feel the need to toughen her up with a good punch. Wake her up, snap her out of her softness, like a good boxing coach..
I just feel like we're not all blessed enough to use our pretty, that's what models are for, and more power to them. But when you're in the public eye with millions of young girls looking up to you, you can't be soft, you gotta be a bit tougher, like Tyra (even though she is way weird a lot of the time) or Heidi klum. So I think me punching her would be a good thing for her...yea?
Speaking of models, just want to remind y'all that dec 1st is the airing of Victoria's secret annual angel fashion show. I love this show so much and look forward to it every year, it's always quite the production. And, you're welcome.
5 hours ago
2 comments:
Thanks for the airing rec, but again, no TV or cable (in the past comment, I meant no tv in my real life, not my temporary Thanksgiving life on the boat - well, there was no tv on the boat either...)
This is not of disbelief but mere curiosity: what does one do to pass time when without a tv? Not that tv is essential at all, but there are times I just want to veg on the couch w good shows. Or maybe a better question is, how do you watch movies? Sure you can do it on a computer or laptop but aren't there times you just want to watch it on a bigger screen? Jez wondrin.
Post a Comment