Friday, November 13, 2009

Live high, live mighty, live righteously

I've been reading a few of my posts from this time last year, and feel like my latest posts haven't been my best work yet. I'm losing my touch, if i ever had it.

I want to write poetry, clever dialog, LOL jokes that make you spit out your milk through your nose, followed by a smart quip or one liner that gives the allusion of my cleverness on all levels and yet....

And yet I only write about writing them.

This time last year I was kind of in a bad place, from what I remember. This time this year, I'm in a better place, but still have not reached that peak yet. But I guess it's best to not peak at my age, since I have so many more ages to go.

Lately I've been in love with Jason Mraz. The ridiculous kind that I've never had with a real person. Probably because these crushes I have are usually on people out of my reach. You know, the unrequited kind that only leaves anguish and sorrow because it is so unrequited. Mostly this happens with celebrities/musicians and well, guys out of my league. But I told Hills about this problem knowing her love for Jason Mraz as well, and you know what she said?? She told me to quit being so Emo. Sheesh! I've never been called that before, but that explains it so clearly. I think it's something about his lyrics, he laces them with drugs or something. I'm not usually big on paying attention to lyrics, but he is so good with his words, WHICH! is obviously indicative of his hands' abilities....obviously. I just watched his performance on Conan, and it made me smile from ear to ear.

I'm all about words lately seems like. His, yours, mine. I guess I have a lot to say.

No comments: