Another holiday gone, another overstuffed stomach.
Bob, the Chinese turkey was stuffed with sticky rice that tasted better than it looked. Thanks Bob, for your sacrifice.
Maybe because I grew up here, but I love that Thanksgiving was spent in a tank top, sipping iced coffee. Something about that is kind of comforting, like pie.
Speaking of pie, we got the last French Apple at Marie Calendars. Hooray! Pie has still yet to be eaten.
And so it begins, the holiday season. I feel like I was just here a few weeks ago, don't you? Next comes the buying of stuff and then the giving of the stuff and then the baking of stuff and then the eating of stuff. Lots to be done for the coming month.
Nora Ephron has been a bit disappointing, as this book isn't as good as I was hoping it would be. I have another waiting in the wings though, so don't worry dear readers.
I have this urge to write lately, but can't come up with anything (thus the lackadaisical blogs). Sometimes I get too hung up in the end result (the next great american novel) and then get performance anxiety which results in existential paralysis. So bare with me while I form my thoughts.
I need some feed back, dear readers. I'd like to know what's interesting and what's boring to read about. Thanks.
5 hours ago
5 comments:
Starting at minute 2:30...
You are interesting.
A, glass & mucus is just what I needed to kick my holiday season off!
Thanks S. You'd think, for an interesting person, I'd have some interesting stories to write about. This is how my web show died, btw.
To catch you guys up, there was minor talks of my "show" at work, but the first episode was a complete DUD due to lack of planning and thought. (It really made a more interesting blog post than anything) Also I decided not to use the title Haha with Szu-Hua after A's warning, seeing how I'm at a corporate company that made me sign something that said everything I do at work belongs to them. So I changed the title. But then it wasn't the same. Really, the title is like 80% of the show, with my charming personality comprising of the last 20%.
So, due to rights and restrictions and limitations and not using the original awesome title, I didn't pursue my show further, and no one further pursued me to do another one.
I have decided to plan a webshow on my own, outside of the workplace.
Where was I going with this...
Oh yes. SO. Several people are waiting for me to do my own show on my own with the awesome original title. But there has been no show due to lack of ideas. Who is going to watch some random person banter about nothing. I think everyone's excitement is over the title more than anything. It is quite a clever title.
If I end up getting a laptop with a webcam attached, maybe that will give me the kick to start my show, but for now, it is on the back burner.
Oh yes...so the point is (I am so unfocused right now)...the POINT is that I can't think of ideas for my show, I can't think of ideas for my book, short story, script, whatever, I can't think of things to paint on my blank canvas that a friend gave me almost 2 years ago...I can't think of ideas! I'm all dried out. Peaked before 30.
What's a girl to do?
People watched Seinfeld et al. banter about nothing for something like nine years and loved every moment of it. Some of us are still watching, reliving past glory.
Post a Comment