Me and my bf, under one roof.
He was with another woman, I was by myself. We were surrounded by hundreds of people, but I still had myself a grand ol time.
Steve was interviewing Tina F. tonight downtown, and lots of people showed up. It was a great show, and even though I love tina, seeing her live and seeing her speak made me love her even more. So much more. She is a woman I'd like to be. Smart, funny, creative, powerful. She got a bigger applause than steve!
He was funny, she was funny. He asked good questions, and she gave insightful answers.
One thing i noticed was that...they're not as close as I thought they would be. They've worked together so much, but on stage tonight, they practically seemed like strangers. I thought they'd be the best of friends, or at least have that mentor/mentee relationship, with lots of inside jokes and whatnot, but she seemed kinda stiff and nervous around him, and he around her. There was just no warm familiarity there. Also at the end, when they stood up, she went in for a hug, and he held out his hand to shake it, so then she shook his hand. I caught that awkward moment, and felt very awkward for them.
Also the sound on stage wasn't working so well. There were issues with the mics, he asked to have the monitors turned up, they couldn't really hear the audience questions on stage. So there was definitely a technical issue. But it also made me wonder...
Was it a technical thing, or is he just simply an old man and can't hear as well as he used to? Because he seriously missed a lot of things that Tina was saying, a lot of funny things she said that we were laughing about in the audience he didn't seem to quite catch on to. Also, the technical issues may have led to this too but...well...
Was it the audio issues, or is he maybe a bit of a jerk? Some of the things he said and his demeanor just made me...love him a little less. Perhaps he's just done this too many times. He's heard all these standard dumb questions that audiences ask when they're trying to impress him. Because I can get short with people too if I feel like they're being slow or asking dumb questions, I've been there, I get it. Or maybe he was throwing a mini tantrum because people cheered for tina much louder than they did for him, and he's trying to show everyone how cool he is even though he's crying on the inside. I don't know. Whatever it is, he seemed a bit out of sorts tonight. But then again, I don't know the guy, I only know him from the tv. Maybe a dash of jerkiness is how he lives his real life.
I'm trying not to let this let down of who steve really may be get in to my head too much. After all, everyone can have an off night. Instead I'll just focus on how great he looked. Very dapper. Very gentleman-like. Great black rimmed glasses to compliment his gray suit and pink tie. Also, he was funny. We all love a man who knows how to be funny, right?
All in all, a great night.
21 hours ago
2 comments:
LMAO!!!! first of all I had to read that first sentence twice, like WHAT!?!?! where have i been?!?! and then I was reminded why I love you so much!!! hahahaha I'm so glad that you and your bf shared last night together! TF is so friggin' awesome, and I can't imagine loving her more, my heart might explode! I love me some SM and I'm going with the fact that he was just having an off night. He's not losing his hearing due to old age.....NEVER!!!
Thanks von!!
Also, I don't like to put full names in here because of internet searches and I don't want to end up with a bunch of spam and strangers.
Post a Comment