Sunday, April 10, 2011

Small! Vanilla! Latte!

There's this coffee place I go to on the weekends sometimes, and sometimes there is this guy there behind the counter. We'll call him Peter Parker, not because that's his name, but because I don't know his name and that's how I imagine how Peter Parker would look if he worked in a coffee shop.

The first time I came across Peter Parker, he wouldn't take my order. He shook his head when I asked him for a vanilla latte. Trying to be cute I suppose. So then after he rang me up, he asked me: What's your favorite color? So I told him purple. And because there was a line behind me, I didn't stay to make small talk.

Another time, while in line, I heard Peter Park ask another girl the SAME THING! What's your favorite color? Oh boy. I just rolled my eyes. So then I realized that was his "thing."

And then TODAY, he did the same thing. He shook his head when I ordered my latte. Then proceeded to ask me about my favorite color. I told him purple. Strong color, he replied. So then I asked him what his was. I don't have one, he replied. And when I asked why not, he said, I can't commit to a favorite color. Likely story, I told him, and walked away with my coffee.

Thing is, if you're going to have a "thing," at least remember who you do your "thing" to. Or change it up every now and again, a girl needs variety. I think today was the third time he's asked me what my favorite color is. If you're not going to remember, then stop asking, because it's weird for me to have the same conversation with you every time!

But now for next time, I can beat him to the punch and say, vanilla latte, purple, and none. Or tell him I don't have a favorite color when he asks and he'll be so amazed because he doesn't have a favorite color either that he'll think we're soul mates. Or just straight up tell him, Look Peter Parker, you've asked me already, and I've told you three times it's purple. You don't have a favorite because you can't commit to colors, now give me my vanilla latte!

Thank you.

5 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

This is one of those SH posts that I love so dearly! I love when I sit here chuckling to myself.

Show that PP what you're made of, SH!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I just spent 20+ minutes looking at the "New Dress A Day" blog. So AMAZING!

DUFF said...

I say use his line on him when he asks and say you can't commit to a color.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

BTW - I meant to add that when I first saw the title, I thought for sure this was going to be a reference to YGM.

Anonymous said...

YGM?