Monday, December 15, 2008

I'm cheating on you...

Yes, it's true. I recently bought myself a new journal, and began journaling, like I did before blogs were invented. At around the same time, I happened to find this book at the library by Anais Nin, called Henry and June. Basically her diary during the time of meeting these two people. So, i've been reading other people's diaries, and writing my own. Some things are just too personal for blogs. Maybe someday when I die, someone will find my journals, and publish them as well. Although I do have to say, they're not as insightful as Ms. Nin's. It's more of an exercise for me to organize my thoughts and remember what's happened in the past so I can learn from them in the future. The latest lesson? Articulate and Communicate. I'm still working on that one.

The other day I was at the store, and Christmas Time Is Here was playing over the loudspeakers. I thought everyone loved that song. I hear it and immediately think of my good pal Charlie Brown, and gives me warm feelings of Christmas. But not everyone seems to think so. As i was paying, the cashier sighed in annoyance.

"I hate this song," she said. But why, I asked. Everyone loves this song! "It's so depressing. And they're awful singers." She then mimicks the high pitched singing. "It's just horrible." I laughed, and went on my way. And as I listen to this song now, while I blog...she's right, it is quite somber and depressing. But I guess thats Charlie Brown. That's his schtick, and why I love him.

I watched SNL this weekend, and on one of their skits, someone mentioned that, in these harsh economic times, flirting is free. Why yes, yes it is. Although it might be more like credit, as in: flirt now, pay later. Depends on how you roll I guess. And that got me thinking...in these tough times, what else is free that you can give?

Hugs and Kisses
Genuine Compliments
Sing/hum/whistle a song
Friendship
Shadow puppet show
A great blog post
A firm handshake

What else?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sex.

SW said...

Ah. Good one.

I was going to put LOVE down but didn't thinking that it came at a price. But I guess it doesn't have to...so I'm putting it back on the list.

Love. Love is free for the giving. Love for everyone this year. My compliments.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Advice. May not be good, but its sometimes free.

I journal on the side too. Shhh...don't tell anyone.

Anonymous said...

A smile

~sarah said...

kittens. and opinions. like that modest mouse song - "opinions are like kittens, always giving them away."

also, memories are free. you can help someone make some good ones while doing cool, yet free, things - like going for a hike, going to the observatory, going to a free art show...

and laughs are free. you always make me laugh! : )

SW said...

Is it because i'm so funny looking?