Monday, December 15, 2008

Just call me S-Lo

Doesn't have quite the same ring to it...

I'm still known as Ms. Lopez at the grocery store. Must...update...rewards...card!

I feel so CSI when they call me Ms. Lopez...like i'm living someone else's life, in order to figure out what happened to them. And yes, there is a Mr. Lopez in the picture. It's kinda nice to be faux married. I pretend like I'm going home to Mr. Lopez, to make him some Lean Cuisine, or some other type of dinner that sinGALs eat. (Wow, I just coined a term. Single gal=sinGAL. You heard it here first, ladies and gents.) On second thought though, my sinGAL grocery purchases might give my identity away!

After we finish our frozen meals, he's going to go smoke his pipe while smoothing his mustache by the window (Mr. Lopez just sounds like he would have a mustache), while I go off to my corner and stitch. And we'll make small talk about our day. He'll tell me about business things that I won't care for, but I'll smile politely about. And I'll tell him about the neighborly ladies that came and sat with me today, and relay the gossip of the neighborhood. He'll roll his eyes and disapprove, as Mr. Lopez does not care much for gossip. I'll then ask him whether he thinks my dress is smart enough for dinner at the Westerly's next week.

Ok, i need to stop reading books altogether. Or any books that make the voices inside my head read with an english accent.

Jolly good.

7 comments:

~sarah said...

it sounds like mr. and mrs. lopez need to spice things up a bit. : )

sinGALs! woot!

SW said...

Thanks anonymous, that was fantastic. And my csi skills have deduced that you are female....because no male could have openly loved that link....hm...unless they were anonymous...

Damn. I'll do better next episode.

Or uh, maybe its time to just tell us all who you are. Just saying.

And, there is enough spice in the life of La Lopez. It's called: You can now watch Netflix on your mac!

Oooh la la. Sensational.

Anonymous said...

I'm happy being anonymous. And I could be man or woman.

SW said...

I'm happy you're happy.

But what about me and my happiness? Isn't this blog all about me? ME ME ME??

Anonymous said...

Awesome follow-up.

Anonymous said...

Same thing.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait.