I really don't want to make a habit of blogging from my phone but it's just a hand thing to do when you don't have a laptop nor a tv in your bedroom and the phone is just so within reach.
I've been listening to a lot of Savage Love podcasts in bed since I've been sick. It's a lot like loveline but he takes more time. Also I think some of the questions are a deeper level of xxx than loveline, if that makes any sense.
It's pretty interesting to listen to, though I don't always agree with what dan has to say. He's very much against monogamy. And although some part of me agrees with his logic, the other part of me wants to believe he's wrong. Well ok, he's not AGAINST it, he just doesn't believe that humans are meant to be monogamous.
I know that the world is just too big for me to have only ONE "the one", and if I do meet "the one" it would be one of a handful, with the rest of the handful spread out all over the world. But what if I'm only really compatible with 100 people in the world? 100 is a rather large number, I don't think I even know that many people, but in the scope of things...100 is merely an ant in the hay stack of our world of 2.5 billion! And what if 50 of them are just milling about in say, Detroit, all clustered up together as ants like to do. That cuts my chances of meeting that ONE by half! (Because really, I'll never go to Detroit, who goes there for fun?)
I don't know what point I'm trying to make. I guess it's just that I feel like, unless I'm constantly travelling the world and meeting new people everyday, it's not very likely that I'll meet my one in 100 just sitting here idle. Idle as in living in one area. But people do it everyday. Dozens of people are hooking up in the greater Los Angeles area every day! (or so says the slutty chick on those late night commercials.). And by hooking up I mean having meaningful relationships, THE ONE relationships. So it must be possible. But doing the numbers make it seem so improbable...
6 hours ago
4 comments:
Hold tight - how many people do you think are in the world?
I'd double check your figures on that one, SH... you're a bit off, methinks.
Why do you think I imported my husband from out of state? ;o)
Anonymous, you are getting predictable. How did i know you were going to harp on me about the billions of people thing? C'mon, step up your game! Also, thanks for decreasing my chances for love. Maybe I'd like to live in a world of 2.5 billion people?
And S, perhaps you should start an import/export business? Oh nm, there's already a show for that!
all moral, religious, and social perspectives about monogamy aside - if a penguin can do it, so can you. there are tons of animals out there in nature that mate for life. i know there are a ton that don't also, but the point is, it's possible. and for all our "higher thinking," it just means we get to choose to make it happen or not. biologically, monogamy is absolutely possible.
Post a Comment