I got the big idea to make ratatouille tonight. Ok, actually I got the idea this weekend and went shopping for the veggies and decided to make it tonight. Right now i'm waiting for the liquid to come out of the zucchini so I can drain it before I start cooking it all. Long story.
I also had a beer tonight. I'm still in the middle of it. I rarely have beer at home and when I do, its usually for guests that come over. But tonight I really felt like having one. I was almost craving it. Which is weird, because I don't really drink. Hm. Odd.
Back to the rat for now...will update when I'm done.
*************************************************************
So after 2+ hours of chopping and cooking, I now have a rather large pot of ratatouille, read: lunch and dinner for the week to come.
How is it, you might wonder?
To tell you the truth, I'm not really sure. It doesn't taste quite like the ratatouille that I had a while back that someone else had made. But it doesn't taste bad either. I seem to have a more bland palette than your average jane, so things that taste good to me might not taste good to the next person. I tend not to use butter or much salt on things, though watching Julia Child has changed my mind a bit. It does sit a bit heavy in my tummy though for a pot of vegetables, perhaps I used too much oil? Or maybe I just waited too long to have my dinner, so that my window of hunger closed. Who knows. I'll be having it again tomorrow, so maybe things will be different then.
And no, I'm not trying to recreate Julie and Julia, the life turned blog turned book turned movie. Cooking something different everyday for a whole year just seems too time consuming for me. Also EXPENSIVE!! I merely remembered how surprisingly good the ratatouille I had last time was, and had a craving.
The thing about cooking as a single gal is that you end up wasting alot. Also, you make something and you end up eating it for the whole week (see the blog post on curry week, junior or senior year of college. Whoa I just went back in time trying to look for that exact post...no luck. I know its there somewhere. College was great. Le sigh...)
Where was I? Oh yea, eating stuff for a whole week, no variation, etc etc.
I did, however, finish an entire bottle of beer tonight. Usually I can only get through 2/3 of a bottle. Pathetic I know. But that's just how I roll.
Great. Now I'm tempted to go back and read my posts from college. They're quite fun and interesting. Geez, I had 2 jobs at one point! Must resist, it's late and I must get to bed. I'll save the memory lane for tomorrow.
Hm...something you might want to look into, A, whenever you're wanting a post from me...just go into my archives! They're new to you if you haven't read them. :)
6 hours ago
11 comments:
Thanks for the recommendation. I've done that once - I stumbled upon a blog that I loved so much, I basically took two days to go back and read years of the archives (I was sort of captive those two days anyway, so the opportunity cost of doing this was basically zero). It was fabulous. It was quite a blog (not impugning yours in any way).
I must say i'm a bit jealous of this other blog. I only wish My blog could hold someone captive for two days, but alas, it's mostly silliness really. Perhaps you shouldn't waste your time going back there, I think it would only be meaningful to me. What was it that made this blog so fabulous? Perhaps I should take notes? Could you direct me to said blog?
As for the tip...thanks but I still have no idea who you are, except that you might know J & E in some way, but I didn't really know their associates back then anyway. But it's funny you should bring them up because I stumbled upon an old post last night about how great they were/are, and playing grass, which I had forgotten about, and have no idea how to play anymore. Also I have no idea where E is these days, which is sad to me.
He might be in Portland...
I just read a few posts from my archives the other day and found myself wanting to read everything.
Ok. Let me revise my previous comment, for clarity.
If I know E, and I'm not admitting I do, I would suggest to you that he is, not might be, in Portland. If I don't know E, of course, he might be anywhere. But if I know him, he's in Portland.
Thanks for clearing it up A, but it was clear the first time you posted. And yes, you are correct, he IS in portland. So thank you. For that confusing second post.
Or should i say, Thanks E?
Dun Dun Dun!
How do you know where he is? You yourself said this morning that 'I have no idea where E is there days, which is sad to [you]'.
Because you told me so A!
"I would suggest to you that he is, not might be, in Portland."
And then I did some recon work, which confirmed your suspicions are true. Because I am CSI like that.
I haven't admitted or disclosed anything. I don't know this 'E' you speak of.
So I'm awed by your CSI skills.
I don't believe you!
You insinuated that he "is" and not "might be" in portland if you knew him.
And I looked it up and he IS and not "might be" in portland!!
So you know him. Or you are him. Whatever. Take your pick.
I'm certainly not E. E was never an anonymous blog commenter.
I'm also somewhat surprised you don't know that I'm not E - I would've assumed that most bloggers use 'blog trackers' or whatever to see who/where they're getting hits from. And this anonymous blog commenter is certainly not accessing your website from Portland. Sadly. I like Portland.
Post a Comment