Friends. Readers.
Today I received keys to the new place. And....cue trumpets and confetti...
I am now going to be a resident of Atwater! Exciting! Crowd cheers. More trumpets.
I took another look at the place today and as he was showing me around and how to use things, I got more and more excited. It's going to be great. Afterwards I drove around to check out the new neighborhood, and I love it already. Little shops and restaurants everywhere. Corporate coffee or indy coffee for me to choose from. Two really great bars so that I can walk home if I ever get TOO intoxicated, right. COSTCO!! Farmers market on the weekends in the el torito parking lot. Oh and also...Pho! I'll be fat and happy by the end of the month. Unless I decide to go running in the neighborhood, which I can totally do now without hacking on smog and tripping on uneven sidewalks.
Oh! A moment of silence for my shiny red bike, we were going to have such fun at the park now that I'm closer to the park. Maybe I'll get a replacement, but it'll never be anything like my first new bike. Wherever you are tonight, I hope you are being used to your potential, and not hacked up and sold as parts somewhere...strewn across Los Angeles.
Thank you.
Landlord says I can paint and make it comfortable. I'll have a new bed to sleep on. Overall it will be great. And I'm finally excited.
As I was driving home I decided to go down hollywood blvd since I never take that street. It's amazing how much it's changed, even in the time that I've been here. S, I saw the sign for your church, has that always been there? It looks great! Old stores, swanky restaurants, run down restaurants, hooker boots stores, theaters, hotels and lofts, Scientology, there's a lot going on there. One of these days I'll have to be a tourist and walk down that street and see everything on foot. Who's with me? Crickets.
I'm doing well with the packing. Tomorrow I tackle the kitchen.
6 hours ago
2 comments:
So excited that you didn't have renter's remorse. I can't wait to visit the new place & see the new neighborhood. So, does this mean I drive further?
BTW - I'll be a tourist buddy with you some Saturday. Safe to bring the girls?!
Atwater... *sigh*
Post a Comment