Monday, January 25, 2010

Phoning it in...

Quite the productive weekend I'd have to say.  Even got myself a massage!

A week later, the new place is still AWESOME.  Still working out a few kinks here and there but the landlord has been really nice and helpful.  Already have had several visitors, it seems as though I'm closer to more friends now.  Still trying to find a place for everything, and doing some cleaning and throwing out as well.  

Today I went through the college box, where I've saved my essays and notebooks from classes long ago.  Couldn't throw away my essays, though I did get rid of a few math notebooks.  I look back on them now and am amazed at the foreign language staring back at me, in numbers and equations.  I liked some math, but contrary to popular belief, just because I'm asian doesn't mean I was good at math.  I wasn't bad either, just not great.  Advance calculas senior yr kicked my ass.  Very hard.  And I can't even remember the classes in college.  But today I saw that I was able to work out amazing equations.  Really, they were amazing.  You should see the tests I saved.

The thing with throwing out stuff...it's just so hard.  You know you haven't touched this stuff in years so technically you don't really need it, but there's so much memory attached to everything.  And then the thought that maybe if you're famous someday, or have kids, or die before your time, someone will have use for this math test you got a B- on one quarter in college, which they totally don't.  I know you know what i mean S, you've been there.  So I still saved some notebooks from college, mostly of the film and music and history classes I took, to someday read through them again and refresh my education that I'm still trying to pay off.

Also there was a box of memories from the days of the HS bf.  We've both moved on long ago, but it was nice to reread what a sweet guy he was to me (nothing like the jerks in my old age, that's another post altogether).  Must find another HS bf.  Perhaps I'll patrol the local school perimeters this week?

Watched a bit of the Haiti telethon on Friday.  For some reason I was looking forward to it, thinking celebrities and musicians would make a great program for a few hours while doing some good.  Boy was I wrong.  It was nicely done, some great performances (love that JT) but it was so depressing at the same time.  

Hopefully I'll be back in action once I get my Internet back this week.  Until then, tootaloo!  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the exact same way about some of the math I did in college. I can't believe I ever understood (or sort of understood) it.

Look forward to having you back on the blog whenever you return.

~sarah said...

I have a whole cabinet full of college and HS stuff like that. I also cannot throw it out. : )

You have a really great neighborhood, btw! Can't wait to see the actual place. : )

Anonymous said...

Blog withdrawal. Time to post.