Just spent some time chatting with Caesar, the guy who changed my locks. He seems to be going through a rough time in his marriage. Actually sounds like as soon as the kids move out the marriage will be over. Which is kind of sad. What do you do when the other person doesn't trust or want to work on things? Abandon ship? Or keep trying and trying. He had some great stories though, one of which was the night he almost died.
The night Caesar almost died:
He went to visit a friend down in the bad area. This was 20 years ago when things in LA weren't as cleaned up as they are now. As he's going into his friend's apt, two big guys ask for his money. They said if you're coming into the barrio we have to take your money. Caesar said if you want it you'll have to take it off me. That's when one of them attacked, and he punched him back. Caesar goes up to his friend's apt. 20 min later, 40 guys show up, with guns and all. The friend that Caesar was visiting was friends with the leader of the gang. The leader was about to storm the apartment, break down the door. But Caesar came out before that happened. The man Caesar punched accused him of attacking with a knife, but Caesar had no knife and tried to convey that to the leader but the leader wouldn't believe him. So Caesar said, I'll show you how I did it, and the leader said ok. So the gang of 40 circled around Caesar, and they pushed the guy that Caesar punched into the circle as well. Caesar showed everyone how he punched the guy in the first place.....by punching the guy again. After seeing this, the leader shunned the guy, calling him a chicken. The gang then proceeded to buy 3 cases of bud light to share and party with Caesar, who was now free to come and go at his friend's place.
The end.
I wish I had a little animation to go with that.
I probably got way too personal with him, but he seemed like he wanted to talk, so heck. He seemed like a good guy.
6 hours ago
3 comments:
Caesar should've kicked him in the balls and ran.
Something smells fishy in this story. I am suspicious of a guy telling a stranger (female) that he is unhappy in his relationship and then tells a story about how tough he is. The whole thing sounds very staged like something out of a movie. Then again, in my line of work I am suspicious of everything.
AW
No no, it wasn't too staged really. There were other things that linked up the stories, I just mentioned the ones that stood out the most.
Post a Comment