Our servers are down at work today as is the Internet, so I've resorted to blogging from my phone. Technology is amazing really.
So I know yesterday I was poo pooing BBC world news but today I heard the most amazing thing that made me smile from ear to ear on the way to work. And since I have limited search abilities, I'll just have to tell you the story, and provide the link later when I have some Internet access.
Apparently there's this guy in south England that has bought all those old red iconic english public phone booths and has decided to turn them into tiny libraries all over town! No fees, no checking books in and out. You leave a great book in the booth, you take a great book out the booth. How awesome is that?!?!!! Now I want to go to there just to check out these mini libraries. Maybe take a book as a souvenir. Maybe publish my blog into a book and leave it in the booth! Genius!
I really do hope this idea works out for them, and people don't trash these booths and take them for granted. If I had one near me I'd take really good care of it. Maybe make some curtains for the booth. Bring it some flowers or a plant. The possibilities are endless.
5 hours ago
2 comments:
Sounds cool but I feel like it will go south quickly. Here's to hoping people in England are different than much of the population here. I don't see it working here in America, is that sad?
Here is the link!
Phone Box Library
I actually DO think it will work well there, since it is in small villages. Just look at the photos! See how happy those people are! I would be too.
Not sure how well it would go over here. Maybe in small towns. Definitely not in LA.
Post a Comment