Thursday, December 10, 2009

I feel like beige tastes.

It's too late to be blogging, but here I am.

My attempt each night to go to bed early ever since we moved has been weaker and weaker. Somehow I always find myself up PAST the time I actually should be asleep. But, c'est la vie.

The rain is finally here! I was waiting and waiting for it all day and right when I wasn't expecting it, it came. As with most things in life, I suppose. Similar to the movie I saw tonight with S...when he least expected it, plop! He went!

Nothing much to report really. I had this online fight today with a friend of mine. More like a disagreement between two opposing view points, but still, it got pretty heated and left me in such an off track state of mind. I just felt really bummed and defeated afterwards. Yes, I realize that one should never have major disagreement conversations online, but, I guess it couldn't be helped. Maybe I should've just left it alone and not rock the boat. But I didn't leave it alone, and the boat was rocked. And was it worth it? I don't know. I feel like at least I got to say some of what I wanted. But I sure don't feel better about us, I feel like there's still tension in the air. This might be boring to read now, but I hope that I can read back on this at a future date and say to myself, "wow, glad we're not still there. glad we have moved on from that awkwardness."

I'm taking my fam to the opera next week. I was surprised that my bro was on board, but I guess one should never turn down new experiences if one can help it. I think I got some pretty good seats too. The man on the phone though....he probably should not be selling tickets for the opera. (Wow, was there an earthquake just now?) Anyway, this man sounded so SOOO incredibly bored and monotone with me on the phone. It's like he was TRYING to be an opera stereotype. Really mr phone man? Really? But, I did call right when the box office opened so maybe he didn't have his coffee yet. So next week, Il Barbiere di Seviglia, center orchestra I think? Should be good.

Also, went back to the corner coffee shop this morning. Once again, Ramon made my latte. I couldn't tell if he recognized me from not tipping, from his manager telling my story, or not at all. I just really couldn't tell. But I tipped him anyways, and decided that it is really just too expensive of a latte for me to go back. Besides, we have milk at the office now. So next time I see Ramon will probably be across the street from the fancy cupcakery. Maybe they'll even have coffee there to go with my morning cupcake. I will drink to Ramon from across the street. Cin cin!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So it's not exactly a fancy cupcakery, but I did pick up some cookies at this place a few days ago - hadn't been there in months. It's great. Walk in, pick up a little baggie with three cookies, drop a dollar in the jar. She has some cupcakes, but I'd never tried them.

The article (and the store), like, mixes the trust of your British phone booth libraries with the yummy-ness of cupcakes and cookies...

And the price is amazing.

SW said...

wow, what a tease.

Anonymous said...

Well. Maybe it's a reason to come to Colorado. If you were looking for reasons to come to Colorado.