Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sigh.

This has got to be one of the worst weeks ever.  

Here I am, blogging from my phone, waiting for the police to come.  It's been an hour and I've been told not to touch anything so I'm sitting on the floor, afraid to touch anything to see if anything else has been taken.  

They took all my portable hard drives.  All my work and the backup were on those.  And my expensive camera.  At least they left my computer.  They even went into my closet.  

I came home and found it odd that I didn't lock the deadbolt.  And then panicked when I thought I left the door unlocked as well.  I walked in and everything seemed fine.  Then I noticed the sliding door wide open.  It actually took me a while to figure out what happened.
Drives and camera I'll never get back, fine, whatever.  But all of my work?  Even the backups of my work.  And why aren't the police here yet they're only down the street.  I couldve walked there and back by now.  

It's just stuff, I know.  I still have my puter and my violin, thank goodness.  At least I think it's still there, I'm looking at the case right now but I'm afraid to pick it up to find it unusually light.
  
Now that he knows I have all this stuff now how do I know he won't come back for the rest?

I went to report it to the manager and her husband seemed to have no clue what to do.  She said she'd be back soon but she's not here, the cops aren't here.  

I just wanted to go to bed when I got home, not deal with this.

Let's play the at least game:
At least I still have my computer and violin
At least I wasn't here sleeping when he came (although that is still a possibility)
At least I have a roof over my head and I can go to bed tonight and start new tomorrow.
At least my car was only towed and not stolen.
At least I wasn't arrested
At least I can afford to move elsewhere
At least I still have a job to go to
At least I'm alive.

Let's end this with a funny story since the cops still aren't here yet.  So B had given me one of his hard drives to copy some stuff onto a few days ago.  He gave it to me in a large bag from the Pleasure Chest as a joke.  The drive Is now gone but they left the bag.  Shit I just realized they took my bike too.  This story isn't so funny anymore.

No comments: